What our concertinas look like?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my custom Dipper baritone duet with low basses. Sun actually in France :)

2hfuhb7.jpg

syavyg.jpgdyx5wh.jpg

What an amazing instrument. Just out of curiosity, do you have a link to any diagrams of the keyboard layouts ?

Thanks,

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

I am just back from England where I picked up two Instruments from the restorers:

David Robertson did a fantastic job on my Tortoiseshell TT - it looks and plays as good as new!

post-7162-0-74016400-1397462420_thumb.jpg

Steve Dickinson put new super-bellows on my Amboyna piccolo-sized treble ( 5 1/2 " ! ) and revoiced her. This now is my absolute dream-instrument - loud, fast ... and so much fun to play ;-)

post-7162-0-60099600-1397462436_thumb.jpg

After about 20 years of playing Anglo, I have finally made the switch to the English system. This is a change that I have been considering for some time. My 30-key Jeffries in G/D is gone, its replacement is a 1924 Wheatstone Model 17 treble with raised amboyna ends and gold plated buttons and hardware:

Wheatstone-1.jpg

Wheatstone-3.jpg

Note: these photos are from The Button Box, I haven't gotten around to taking my own yet.

Edited by ex-sqzbxr

Thanks, Wolf - that's what I'm hoping! The instrument itself is in excellent condition, with a strong, sweet tone, good dynamic range, and quick action and response. I, however, am a total novice at the English system, so I will have to work hard to bring myself up to speed...

Well, speed, I'd suggest you'd take your time. As for me the seemingly unevitable tendency of speeding up lets me level the ornamentations. At times they never come up as nice as in the initial, somewhat uneven playing of a tune.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Here's my brand new Parnassus english concertina made by Wim Wakker. It's a dream to play, fast loud and with a pure sounding tone. I'm extreamly happy with it.attachicon.gifParnassus one.JPGattachicon.gifParnassus three.JPGattachicon.gifParnassus two.JPG

Ooooooh.... I wish I could have a test drive !!!!! :wub:

A Parnassus in Baritone/Treble .... hmmm ... I wonder if there'd be a chance of that ????

Looks as if this could be the sixth one that Wim has made... it would be nice to see some reports from other owners.. or hear some recordings. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...