What our concertinas look like?

• 2 weeks later...

copped for this off fleabay the other day...no doubt I paid too much for it. However...it's in immaculate condition apart from the bellows which is an easy fix. Lovely set of brass reeds, and I just love the early Wheatstone lever arm action!

DSC_0070.jpg

• Confused 1

Yes I got it and it's a little beauty...going to slap a new set of bellows on soon as my work schedule allows...looking forward to playing it and hearing it sing again!

Samp

Here's another little pic of the reedpan:

DSC_0074.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A huge box arrived from The Music Room of Cleckheaton last week, and inside was my brand new Morse Geordie baritone, fresh from Massachusetts.

It's a lovely instrument - rich and sonorous in the low octave rising to a strong presence in the top octave. I've wanted one ever since the Geordie range was first announced, and now I've got one I'm not disappointed. And just at the moment it still has that wonderful new instrument smell, and when you first lift it out of the case and open the bellows they creak with the unaccustomed motion...

GeordieEnd.png

GeordieTop.png

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

It looks nice, very similar to the Morse Ceili I once wanted.
I don't remember if I've posted something here. I've never had the money to buy a good concertina but about a year ago when we were in Ennis I finally did. The guy showed me different sorts of concertinas and the one I really liked (also because I didn't want to pay as much as I did once for my mandolin) was this one. It's made in England and I love playing it.

27317048786_a18b3aa5f5_z.jpg

Edited by Susanne

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys, I am new in this forum, I recently bought a Alfred Arnold Bandoneon-Concertina 128 tones. I am a beginner in this instrument . I am interested in tango music. I was told that 142 tones were appropriated , but 128 tones are " studio bandoneon" .....instructors in america will be difficult to find, I wonder where can I find material to study 128 concertina layout?....I will really appreciated your help.

I am new in this forum, I recently bought a Alfred Arnold Bandoneon-Concertina 128 tones.

This topic/thread is for folks to post photos of their instruments. Do you have a photo or two to share?

I am a beginner in this instrument ... I wonder where can I find material to study 128 concertina layout?

you'll have more success getting answers to your question if you put it in the 'teaching and learning' section.

As Geoff says, the Teaching and Learning section is a better place to get answers to your questions about learning your instrument. And you'll probably get better response if you start a new topic there (find the "Start New Topic" button), rather than attaching your questions to some existing, unrelated topic.

If you do that, I'll respond with additional information, which I feel would be off-topic clutter in this thread.

I hope to see you there.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Bringing over my photo from my "initial impressions thread": Morse/Buttonbox "Beaumont" 52b Hayden Duet

wqo6ls.jpg

Note the clever placement of the air button on the right handrail (closeup in my current avatar). I'm going to miss that feature whenever I get a trad-reeded Hayden.

Might as well join the party - here's my 31-key C. Jeffries Anglo in G/D with bellows by Rosalie Dipper circa 1989. Right side is marked "C Jeffries" and "Maker" between the rows of buttons and parallel to the handrest. There are some pencil markings in German inside with a date of 1902. I believe that instruments with this style of brand mark were made in the 1890s.

Jeffries1.jpg

Jeffries2.jpg

Fingering charts: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61700296/C%20Jeffries%20Anglo%20in%20GD.pdf

Edited by ex-sqzbxr