Recommendation for a hard case for a Lachenal Anglo Concertina?

Hi l am looking for recommendations for a second hard case for a Lachenal Anglo Concertina. 

The one l currently have is black with green trim, no brand name or serial number (20x30x30 cm) The ones l have found online have smaller specs so any recommendations appreciated. 

We discussed hard cases many many times before on this forum, you may want to submit a forum query yourself form immediate results.

For example, if your search engine is google, you can copy&paste this here expression into the search box:

"hard case" site:concertina.net/forums

Edited by RAc
added example

53 minutes ago, RAc said:

We discussed hard cases many many times before on this forum, you may want to submit a forum query yourself form immediate results.

For example, if your search engine is google, you can copy&paste this here expression into the search box:

"hard case" site:concertina.net/forums

Yep, already done that. Thanks anyway.

Heck, that case in the example shown here, looks like it would resist even a nuclear explosion!😊😊all that would remain is the concertina( musician gone for good!!🤔)..

I don't think you need a box specially made .. instead maybe find a good quality tool bag, or box, or even box like used for picnics ;plastic solid body and handle on it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

that case in the example shown here, looks like it would resist even a nuclear explosion

They always seem, to me anyway, tremendous overkill for almost all situations  the average concertinaplayer will find themselves in. And they are ugly too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Peter Laban said:

They always seem, to me anyway, tremendous overkill for almost all situations  the average concertinaplayer will find themselves in. And they are ugly too.

I don't think it's overkill Peter, I think it's being prepared (for the unknown) 'as a good scout' knows. I didn't think I needed waterproof cases until I got flooded (If I'd been asleep....disaster!). Unless I'm playing them, my instruments are latched and sealed in cases similar to the one above. I use 'Nanuk' stuff.

• Like 1

I have been very happy with my antique vanity box. I had to take out the mirror and the smell of perfume but polished up it is beautiful. Cost me in auction £25. 

This box takes two concertinas but I recently bought one for one concertina for fifty pence,

box3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Peter Laban said:

Ugly, yes, but I use one to keep my concertina when I'm on the boat - totally waterproof!

Alex West

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alan Day said:

I have been very happy with my antique vanity box. I had to take out the mirror and the smell of perfume but polished up it is beautiful. Cost me in auction £25. 

This box takes two concertinas but I recently bought one for one concertina for fifty pence,

box3.jpg

I love that report on your box .. it looks so elegant, somewhere to also keep 'One's general necessities '.. such as those desired perfumes, and that silver plated antique art-deco vanity mirror is also the 'must have' for any lucky owner😊😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter Laban said:

Perhaps; but sadly unlike the UK or US, concertina cases are not available locally here in Australia, and to import even a standard Viking case from the UK would cost me between 80-120 pounds (approx AUD$154-$231) in freight alone. One of the joys of living so far away from the northern hemisphere. I think the Pelican case is my best option. :)

Edited by Morgana
Typos

8 hours ago, SIMON GABRIELOW said:

I love that report on your box .. it looks so elegant, somewhere to also keep 'One's general necessities '.. such as those desired perfumes, and that silver plated antique art-deco vanity mirror is also the 'must have' for any lucky owner😊😊

A bit off putting to see your face every time you open your box, or all your facial expressions when you are playing

• Like 1

My concertina inside a Peli storm case was recently knocked off (accidentally - not a test) a low table on to a wooden floor. The drop was about 15 inches. The storm case absorbed all the impact. Nothing on the concertina was even the tiniest bit out of place. My case came with the foam block inserts which can be trimmed down to the size appropriate to the individual instrument.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alex West said:

I use one to keep my concertina when I'm on the boat - totally waterproof!

I didn't suggest there aren't any circumstances where the use of these is justifiable. If you want to summit Everest or Kilimanjaro and play your concertina there (someone recently played the Irish harp on Kilimanjaro to get herself into the record books, for example), in other words: if you plan on getting yourself into extreme environments,  they may have a use.  But, to my mind, there are more elegant solutions available to the average concertinaplayer to keep their instrument safe when  at home and going out to play a session or gig(s).

I remember someone telling me at some point about their case 'you could drive a tank over it'. I replied that if you ever find yourself in a situation where an issue like that arises, you have more pressing issues to worry about.

Overkill for most uses, I'll stick with that. But YMMV  ofcourse.

Edited by Peter Laban

2 hours ago, Clive Thorne said:

In did hear a tale, many years ago, of someone who put their concertina under a car to keep the rain off. The car drove off , over the concertina. Not sure if it was in any sort of case at all.

Well, it’s unlikely it was in a Pelican case, or it wouldn’t have been necessary to put it under the car in the first place.

• Haha 1