That's an interesting icon on your profile

There's a lot of interesting little profile icons people use on here ( c.net)..The icons in the circles near your name.

And I wondered, there must be sometimes a story behind your choice of images? Some of them are very intriguing as well.

My own ( profile icon) is from a drawing I made years ago for design work. Of course,there's also lots of distinguished real human faces on some of those icons.. but what's behind your own Icon that you chose here on c.net.?

Edited by SIMON GABRIELOW

• SIMON GABRIELOW changed the title to That's an interesting icon on your profile

Mine is my first concertina- a square, 26 button Henry Harley that I inherited from my Grandfather.  It originally belonged to my Great-great Grandfather c. 1875, a mill worker in West Yorkshire, and was brought to Canada by my Great Grandfather when he homesteaded in Saskatchewan in the early 20th century.

It would probably better be called a German-Anglo than an Anglo-German.  It was an attempt to fill a spot in the market between cheap German and expensive English made instruments.  I play it for song accompaniment sometimes- the Broad Steel Reeds have a lovely warm sound.

• Like 2

My icon is a composite picture progressing through the layers of parts from one end of my Aeola Treble. Initially intended as a teaching aid I decided to use it for my Concertina Tinker badge. 

• Like 1

I used to play in a French Traditional Dance Band called "Rosbif"

Our last record featured all the members of the band made out of plaster and painted.. Mine of course was the Concertina player. The lady who made them I met at a Hurdy Gurdy weekend and purchased the Hurdy Gurdy player and she kindly made the rest of the band featured on the LP.  (French Bag Piper, Cello player, Viola player, Bassoon player and my little Concertina player ).

Al

• Like 4

Mine is my trusty metal-ended, 30-button Stagi, early 1990s vintage, which served me well for 20 years in my folk group, featured on the group's CD, and is still going strong ten years after the group disbanded. After a few years' usage, the bellows needed replacement; I got one made by Concertina Connexion, which made the concertina twice the instrument it had been as new. The reeds, however, are all in good tune, even after 30 years.

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anglo-Irishman said:

Mine is my trusty metal-ended, 30-button Stagi, early 1990s vintage, which served me well for 20 years in my folk group, featured on the group's CD, and is still going strong ten years after the group disbanded. After a few years' usage, the bellows needed replacement; I got one made by Concertina Connexion, which made the concertina twice the instrument it had been as new. The reeds, however, are all in good tune, even after 30 years.

Cheers,

John

Likewise.. I have had my Hohner branded Italian made anglo concertina.  Still going after over two half decades; and used very often . Same vintage as your own concertina  too...purchased in 1999.🌝

Edited by SIMON GABRIELOW

• 3 weeks later...