Upcoming concertinas for sale

Dowright

Happy New Year!

I have been waiting for the post-holidays to sell some concertinas. I have several English, Anglo, duet miniatures that I acquired while researching "Miniature and Semi-Miniature Concertinas," Papers of the International Concertina Association, Vol. 9, 2012 (available online; see PICA tab in concertina.org) . Now I plan to sell a number of them, but not all at one time. Very soon, I will post "For Sale" notices for two semi-miniature Anglos and a very special 12-key Wheatstone English miniature.

I will also be selling several full-size Anglos--Wheatstone, Lachenal, and Jones.  Sorry English and duet players: I do not have any full-size ones.

I will place them on consignment with dealers, if necessary. However, I wish to give the first opportunity to potential buyers among concertina.net members.

A couple types are still being made, and therefore retail price quotes are available. For all the others, I have recently obtained appraisals by a well-known dealer.  I will be selling all of them at below-appraised value (or retail replacement cost).

Of course, any sales on concertina.net will be followed by a donation to the site.

Why am I selling. I have lots of concertinas but only two hands. I will keep a few for my playing, but the others need to be in other players' hands.

saguaro_squeezer,

I would have sent you a personal message but did not know how to do so.

I have two 12-key English  Crabb miniatures --one with crimped metal fretwork (No. 17553, circa 1965) and one with totally flat metal fretwork (No. 10169 , circa 1945)--each with hexagobal ends measuring 2 7/8 inches across the ends.

I may (or may not) keep one of them for myself, but I would not care which one.

When I advertise in Buy and Sell, I will keep you in mind for first choice. 

17 hours ago, Dowright said:

saguaro_squeezer,

I would have sent you a personal message but did not know how to do so.

I have two 12-key English  Crabb miniatures --one with crimped metal fretwork (No. 17553, circa 1965) and one with totally flat metal fretwork (No. 10169 , circa 1945)--each with hexagobal ends measuring 2 7/8 inches across the ends.

I may (or may not) keep one of them for myself, but I would not care which one.

When I advertise in Buy and Sell, I will keep you in mind for first choice. 

No worries, Dowright, I sent you one.  Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I swear that I am not trying to build up anticipation. I have just been busy with other things. So here is a preview of just some of them. I will not be posting all of them at the same time; I cannot handle all the anticipated correspondence at one time. I will have to give names to the concertinas to ensure that I and the prospective buyer are talking about the same instrument. Maybe I will just the names of fruit.

All the instruments were recently appraised. I will be selling each at 10-to-20 percent below appraised market value. Here is a sample of some of them.

26-key Jeffries in C/G. 26-key Jeffries in G/D. 30-key Jeffries in C/G. 50-key Jeffries in Bb/F. (all are Jeffries Anglos, obviously)

30-key Lachenal in C/G in piccolo range. 20-key semi-miniature Lachenal in C/G.

26-key Jones in Bb/F.

Wheatstone Edeophone  (Yes, Wheatstone) in D/A, a very special one. 2 12-key miniature Wheatstone duets. 2 12-key miniature Wheatstone English (the 1911 one has a very strong provenance)

2 12-key miniature Crabb English. 

That is most, but not all, of them.

I will start the official advertisements here, in the near future.

And for each sale, there will be a donation to concertina.net.

Edited by Dowright

• 2 weeks later...