tona

My baby just cares for me

Hi!

Cover of this song with my family. Try to replace piano!

• Like 9

Wow, this is fabulous.   I've been looking for ideas to use in my own playing,  and your playing has given me inspiration and something to aspire to.  Thank you for that.    Also - what a lovely thing to do as a family. 

Joy

• Like 1

Yes - I really enjoyed that too, and your replacing the piano is quite effective and successful here!

Best wishes - 🐺

I love this. one of my fave Nina Simone tracks. The concertina playing is great. You must do more

I really enjoyed this. Please introduce us to your family: who’s who? Too bad we can’t even see the tuba player behind the instrument (or was that intentional?).

Thanks all for kind words! 🙂

So Nora (my niece) is the singer, Isaac (my nephew) is the drummer, Nicolas (my brother and the father of these wonderful children) at the guitar and Romain (godfather) at the tuba. Isaac (10 years old) plays especially trumpet and Nora (7 years old) plays diatonic accordion (I am the teacher! 😄) and ukulele. They are also on Facebook to share their passion of music from a very early age.

https://www.facebook.com/Isaac-et-Nora-831785520544394/

• Like 1

Delightful. Absolutely delightful.  Nora is such a cutie the way she glances at the camera (audience) occasionally.  And the duet playing is fabulous, well done.

What can I add to all the  very positive comments ?  You are an inspiration... all of you.

Thanks!...🤪 🙏

Wonderful family. Do you guys get together and do this kind of stuff often?

And (forgive me...): Is the extended concertina solo pre-arranged or improvised?

Thanks David. I live far from them (I am the skype melodeon teacher of Nora..) but we try to meet as often as possible to play music but not only! 😉

The main music teacher of Isaac and Nora is of course their father Nicolas. They never went to school music for now.

The part of concertina is pre-arranged as I said. I try to play something close from the part of piano in the original version by Nina Simone...

Cheers!

Edited by tona

Nora, I've been a fan of your singing for weeks! Ever since Colin Dipper shared your lovely performance of Les Feuilles Mortes with me. Oh yeah, Tona you sound real good too!

Wow. Here’s a whole bunch of videos of this amazing family. But no "Les Feuilles Mortes,” which is what I was looking for.

Thanks Jody! I will tell Nora about a new fan! 😉

David, here is the link (it is on my YouTube..). With bloopers at the end..:-D

Edited by tona
  • Like 1