FS: 38 button C Jeffries C/G

SteveS

I would imagine that there are potential bidders in or near London who wil have the opportunity to check it out before bidding.

Someone will probably bid, but it's such a gamble. Even if it isnt a fake auction, and it's really a Jeffries, the question is how does it play.

Item removed ,hope HE has not lost it or maybe just giving it to someone for a christmas pressie ?

Mike

I emailed the seller before the item was removed asking who did the restoration work.

The reply was it was carried out by Andrew Norman.

The concertina has been temporarily removed from sale as a number of interested parties asked to view it.

As this was not possible over the Christmas period it will be re-listed in the next day or so.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas

Martyn

Edited by martyn

Could someone please tell me if all Jeffries had the name stamped on the wood sides or was this just only done on the early models .

Mike

Early Jeffries (eg pre ~1895): some have name stamped into wood, most have C. JEFFRIES MAKER stamped between buttons, some have both.

Later Jeffries (~1895 - ~1908) C. Jeffries 23 Praed St stamped into oval.

Jeffries Bros (~1908 - ~1923) Jeffries Bros. 23 Praed St stamped into oval.

Could someone please tell me if all Jeffries had the name stamped on the wood sides or was this just only done on the early models .

Mike

Early Jeffries (eg pre ~1895): some have name stamped into wood, most have C. JEFFRIES MAKER stamped between buttons, some have both.

Later Jeffries (~1895 - ~1908) C. Jeffries 23 Praed St stamped into oval.

Jeffries Bros (~1908 - ~1923) Jeffries Bros. 23 Praed St stamped into oval.

Many thanks for that info Wes , just what i was after, so that clears that one up for me thanks again much appreciated.

Mike

Is there some penalty from ending an auction because the item isnt 'available' ? Seems to easy.

I expect the seller paid the ebay fee for listing the item, but I don't think there is a rule saying the item must be sold through ebay, or sold at all, until an offer is made and accepted. I don't see why there should be a "penalty" for withdrawing a sale.

Samantha