Concertina Hat

Daria

Knit this up to brave the sub zero(F) weather we are having here in the Pennsylvania mountains.

Concertina hat-all systems. This is a Morse anglo G/D of course.

PM me if you want the pattern. I will write it out in the next day or so.

post-11086-0-27536600-1420951269_thumb.jpg

post-11086-0-61581300-1420951307_thumb.jpg

post-11086-0-04476500-1420951359_thumb.jpg

That makes four of us concertina players in this region of the state. Two of us are English players. I'm near Winfield/Lewisburg, PA and the other two are in/near State College, PA. It was 4ºF here the other morning. Probably colder than that up where you live. The concertina cap would be practical in this weather.

Well ,I will need to defer the knitting across rows question to any irish players since they are known for their complex knitting patterns, but absolutely traditional wool, no hybrid synthetics, sorry.

If I knit with lighter weight yarn, will I get a C/D Morse?

Yes to Ravelry.com. That's the thing about the internet. No matter what you're interested in, you can find people who share your passion, even for concertinas.

How many buttons?

Is it possible to knit across the rows?

Traditional yarn or hybrid?

Ha ha

I now understand that was a trick question. You KNEW I knit up an Anglo Morse so you KNEW I had hybrid reeds. BUT it is knit with traditional wool not hybrid synthetic.

This is a stump the chump question

How many buttons?

Is it possible to knit across the rows?

Traditional yarn or hybrid?

Ha ha

I now understand that was a trick question. You KNEW I knit up an Anglo Morse so you KNEW I had hybrid reeds. BUT it is knit with traditional wool not hybrid synthetic

No, no. Natural and synthetic together would be a blend, not a hybrid. The yarn from my friend's sheep, now that's hybrid, since she's been experimenting with crosses among several different breeds of sheep. ;)

Such a cute knit hat!

I used to crochet a lot but now it's a bit difficult for my hands (haven't even been able to play my concertina all winter, though things may improve as it warms up).

I sent this thread to my daughter... she makes a lot of very cute hats (though, mostly crocheted) and sells them.

I believe we are both on ravelry.com (or, were).

A few years ago I made some crocheted (brass rings/beads/etc) 'concertina holders' -- tube-type carriers/dust covers, decorated -- that I really like. Really miss being able to work on those. I'm hoping to make something similar but by doing something like paper clay and decoupage (easier on my hands).

So, while my hands are a wreck, I have been playing just the foot bass. But I'll add the concertina again if things get better.