Current makes of concertina

19 hours ago, JimR said:

I visited Flying Duck Concertinas only to find that Paul, the maker, has died.

That's very sad news. Looking at the dates, I think mine must have been one of the last few instruments Paul completed.

On 9/11/2023 at 10:57 PM, Eugenides said:

On a slightly related note, I'm slowly working my way through the intermediate list. Wolverton is discontinuing their standard model. Geuns says that they no longer make concertinas. I'll continue to update as I hear from other makers, if that won't be too annoying.

Thanks for helping out.  Are you sure about Geuns?  Their website doesn't show this: https://bandoneon-maker.com/concertinas/ .

Re the Wolverton standard model, their website says "only G/D models are available while my remaining reed stocks last."  So I've left them on the intermediate list for now but can remove if need be.

On 10/18/2023 at 1:28 AM, Daniel Hersh said:

Thanks for helping out.  Are you sure about Geuns?  Their website doesn't show this: https://bandoneon-maker.com/concertinas/ .

Re the Wolverton standard model, their website says "only G/D models are available while my remaining reed stocks last."  So I've left them on the intermediate list for now but can remove if need be.

Ah yes - I decided that was best as I'm only one person and the designs of the concertina reeded instruments I make have become somewhat more diverse and as they are quite popular it makes sense for me to focus on that. Still some G/D accordion reed sets left though!

Edited by Jake Middleton-Metcalfe

16 hours ago, Jake Middleton-Metcalfe said:

Ah yes - I decided that was best as I'm only one person and the designs of the concertina reeded instruments I make have become somewhat more diverse and as they are quite popular it makes sense for me to focus on that. Still some G/D accordion reed sets left though!

Thanks!  It's always nice to hear from a maker.  I'll leave you on the intermediate list until I hear that these G/D's won't be available anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 1:06 PM, Eugenides said:

I'm very sad to hear about Paul, that's really terrible news! 

Regarding Geuns, please refer to this screenshot of an email exchange I had with them. 

Screenshot_20231030-130426.png

Thanks!  I will check with Harry to see if this is a temporary pause or if he's permanently done with concertinas.  If he might start producing them again, I will leave him on the list (along with several other makers who aren't currently accepting orders).

2 hours ago, Daniel Hersh said:

Thanks!  I will check with Harry to see if this is a temporary pause or if he's permanently done with concertinas.  If he might start producing them again, I will leave him on the list (along with several other makers who aren't currently accepting orders).

I heard back from Harry Geuns, who writes, "We have put the production of our concertina's on hold for some time already, and at the moment we cannot tell when or if we start production again.  Maybe in the future." 

I will leave Geuns on the list for now, along with the other "not now" makers.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Snedder said:

Seth Hamon's website appears to be offline.  🤔

I've just checked with him and he says he's still making instruments but is in the middle of designing a new website.

• Like 1