World Map Of Concertina Players

Frappr is a website where people can locate others with similar interests - geographically. You can place a pin on your location, and see where other people can be found.

There's a map for concertina players now - http://www.frappr.com/concertinaplayers . Maybe you'll discover unknown players in your area!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to warn folks...by putting your location on the map along with the required email, you'll start getting hellos from folks whose interest is not...concertinas. Nothing whacky, but it never crossed my mind that non concertinists would reach out. Such a clueless ole' duffer I am.

P.S. Henk you devil :P

Guest Peter Laban
Wow, what are the odds of that?!

Within three miles from my house I'd probably be able to find a few more including Kitty Hayes, Myriam Collins, Martha Clancy, Edel Fox and Jackie Daly and that are only the more wellknown ones. The map doesn't cover the area very well though and tells me it's an 'invalid city' .

Wow, what are the odds of that?!

Within three miles from my house I'd probably be able to find a few more including Kitty Hayes, Myriam Collins, Martha Clancy, Edel Fox and Jackie Daly and that are only the more wellknown ones. The map doesn't cover the area very well though and tells me it's an 'invalid city' .

Stop bragging Peter.. it doesn't suit you :).

Actually there are quite a few Anglo Concertina Players in Maryland too. Some of them fairly good.. but nothing like the talent near you. Sigh... I envy you.

--

Bill

Peter,

I had a look at Co. Clare and Ennis is clearly visible. There are however some clouds over the coastal region. Are you hidden there?

post-37-1140817240_thumb.jpg

BTW: Ennis is the place where I bought my Marcus a few years ago, and the place where the famous supermarket is :lol:

Haha, it works!! I've never managed to find my town on this thing before. And I've improved the statistics for EC players. B)

It's cool to see Ennis there. Is there a way to see it more detailed? That would be cool. I was there in november 2004 for the trad festival. I still wonder if they have warm scones with cream and strawberry jam in Ennis. I didn't find real good scones until I got to Shannon airport. When I was in Cork they had them everywhere..

So I'm now on it, and I'm encouraging other players in my area to join it too....but has anyone else had trouble uploading a photo there? I tried a jpg but it didn't take and was wondering if maybe the file size (285KB) was too large.

Daniel

Frappr is a website where people can locate others with similar interests - geographically. You can place a pin on your location, and see where other people can be found.

There's a map for concertina players now - http://www.frappr.com/concertinaplayers . Maybe you'll discover unknown players in your area!

So I'm now on it, and I'm encouraging other players in my area to join it too....but has anyone else had trouble uploading a photo there? I tried a jpg but it didn't take and was wondering if maybe the file size (285KB) was too large.

Daniel

yes, I had the same problem. I had to reduce the size to (I belive) about 120KB, that seemed to work. fun site, although i need to find my way around better. see you there.

chris rose

yes, I had the same problem. I had to reduce the size to (I belive) about 120KB, that seemed to work. fun site, although i need to find my way around better. see you there.

chris rose

I guess this FRAPPR-thing will go down soon. It's very slow at the moment and I get regularly SQL error messages. The capacity is not matching the success at the moment. :(

chris rose

I guess this FRAPPR-thing will go down soon. It's very slow at the moment and I get regularly SQL error messages. The capacity is not matching the success at the moment. :(

too bad. the map is nice; it gives a one-shot-view of players' location. i won't give up yet. B)