This tune has been composed by Lydie Auvray, a french accordionist living and mostly playing in Germany. It's quite popular among tango dancers in Paris.

The video is directly inspired by german concertinist Musik Böhmer and his concertina from hell:

• Like 4

On 5/10/2019 at 1:02 AM, David Barnert said:

Beautiful. That’s what duet concertinas are for. I particularly liked the last chord.

Thank you David, I hope to listen soon to your new recordings as well because it's always a good inspiration and encouragement for Hayden duet players.

On 5/10/2019 at 7:09 AM, Isel said:

Always inspiring!

Thank you Israel, I can't wait to listen to your new Hayden duet made by Alex Holden and it's nice that a young concertina maker is also interested in this instrument.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:53 PM, Dee746 said:

Wonderful - Merci d'avoir partagé votre musique avec nous!

Merci Dee! De rien, c'est un plaisir.

I have seen in another thread that you are interested in klezmer music and I think that it would be also nice to hear more klezmer music on the Hayden duet.

Didie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember you had told me you were working on this piece - the result is magnificent! It does have this musette waltz feeling which I'm particularly fond of, and I especially love the part at 1:48 in which you get a very full sound with these drone notes, almost like a barrel organ... Hope you'll record other pieces in the same style!

On 5/18/2019 at 5:49 AM, soloduet said:

Merci Dee! De rien, c'est un plaisir.

I have seen in another thread that you are interested in klezmer music and I think that it would be also nice to hear more klezmer music on the Hayden duet.

Didie

I agree!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 6:33 PM, Alan Day said:

Please would you post this on Duet Recordings to add to the collection

Al

Thank you for the proposal Alan. I'm thinking about one or two tunes that I could post on Duet Recordings but is it for audio recordings or is it ok to post videos as well?

Thanks for your message. 

Wes Williams  is doing a marvellous job putting together a great collection of recordings old and new that can easily be downloaded and he sent me a copy to approve last night. Very professional .At the moment it is just recordings not videos and the site will be on going so  players can add their recordings in the future.Please give detail;s of your concertina when you send it in. Duet Recordings page.

I look forward to hearing them

All the best

Al

OK Alan, I will try to find how I can keep only the audio from a video recording and if I succeed I will post some tunes on the Duet Recordings page. Unless Wes Williams can do that and in that case I could tell him which recordings I'd like to post. Thank you!