Pirates At The Ne Squeeze-in?

There's got to be a way to honor the dual dates in an appropriate fashion. Any ideas?

How about playing "Captain Pugwash", a.k.a. The Trumpet Hornpipe, at frequent intervals, or if anybody makes a pirate reference, during the day. (Or is that too much of a British reference, was the pirate cartoon show Captain Pugwash ever shown on US television ?)

Edited to add picture.

post-4-1094410919.jpg

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Arrrgh! It has come to my attention that the Northeast Squeeze-In will coincide this year with Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19.

Hmm. Maybe I could show up with a parrot and a pistol, and relieve you all of your instruments? B) (Should have only one eye patch.)

Oh, right. I can't make it. :(

By the way, on the 19th should I talk like a real pirate... or like a ridiculous stereotype? :unsure:

Arrrgh! It has come to my attention that the Northeast Squeeze-In will coincide this year with Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19.  There's got to be a way to honor the dual dates in an appropriate fashion. Any ideas?

Arrrrrpropriate music o' course! Coincidentally, the piece I'm working on for the concertina band happens to be a sea tune!

Arrrgh! It has come to my attention that the Northeast Squeeze-In will coincide this year with Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19.  There's got to be a way to honor the dual dates in an appropriate fashion. Any ideas?

Arrrrrpropriate music o' course! Coincidentally, the piece I'm working on for the concertina band happens to be a sea tune!

Hi Everyone,

Let's hear some suggestions for arrrrrpropriate pirate music. I don't know any.

bruce boysen

Any ideas?

:unsure: I most certainly will NOT be sleeping near the window, then. No guys in green leotards flying in, thanks....Peter Pan or whomever!

I am not the same Wendy that said, 'I think we should all turn pirates.'

whomever...or, whoever...or, whatever....too tired, now.

Edited by bellowbelle

Let's hear some suggestions for arrrrrpropriate pirate music. I don't know any.

:ph34r: Pirate music used to be hard to find - perhaps on a cart or two of CD's in Hong Kong,

but with the advent of the internet, there is any amount of pirate music readily available.

All these postings remind me of a sales call I made many years ago,when I asked the receptionist if I could talk to the Maintenance Manager. After a brief call the young receptionist said "He will be with you in a minute"."Thank you can you tell me his name". "John Long". "Has He got a parrot on his shoulder"?

Two minutes silence " No he dosn`t like parrots"!!

Al

Sixteen men on a dead mans chest

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum.

I thought it was 15:

15 men on a dead man's chest

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

drink and the devil had done for the rest

Not one man of the crew alive

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

What put to sea with seventy-five