Dubious Characters At The George

PeterT

The attached photo shows Alan Day (Jeffries G/D Anglo) and Peter Trimming (Wheatstone C/G Anglo) at the recent "George" session. Photo taken by Elizabeth (Geraghty on this Forum), who has given me permission to post it.

Maybe we need a caption. :unsure:

Regards,

Peter.

Is the chap at the back on the right cradling a hurdy-gurdy?

Correct, Stuart. I can't remember his name, but Alan took a note of his details, as he has been a regular attender, this year. He was one of two hurdy-gurdy players at the session; the other, Jess, was out of picture to the right. These, plus bagpipes, melodeons and concertinas make for a loud sound. I felt sorry for the other musicians amongst the 25 present.

Regards,

Peter.

Hey Peter,

It's great to see people having such a good time. It reminds me of when my mother-in-law went to a Christmas concert at the local folk club. She said I've never seen so many people singing about jolly wassails and looking so serious!

The attached photo shows Alan Day (Jeffries G/D Anglo) and Peter Trimming (Wheatstone C/G Anglo) at the recent "George" session. Photo taken by Elizabeth (Geraghty on this Forum), who has given me permission to post it.

Brings back nice memories.

We may be in the UK in the middle of March for DERT; maybe the timing will be right for another George session.

Edited by Jim Besser

Great Jim I look forward to seeing you again.

I am sitting just about where you sat at the George.

The Hurdy Gurdy player is Mark Stefanicki from North London.

Just Don't talk to me while I am playing.

Al

Actually I think I may have just nodded off, after another look.

Edited by Alan Day

Either an accordian player has come in or someone has asked who's round is it ?!

Well, the captions are starting to come in. Maybe Alan and I should offer a prize. For the winner, free admission to the next "George" session. And, for the runner-up, free admission to the next two "George" sessions. :D

It almost looks like "duelling concertinas".

It must have been "Enter the Accordian Player", since I had just offered, and Alan declined, a drink. You can see my almost full pint (bottom left of picture), well out of range should I feel the urge to swing the box a bit.

Regards,

Peter.