C-net Pin?

Well, I've done a little research and it'll be awhile before anything gets made, so, no, Alan, I won't be wearing my pin at the George! But I've contacted the two companies my friend told me about:

Pinsource (www.pinsource.com) and

National Custom Insignia (www.lapelpins.com/)

and they're going to send me catalogs and price lists.

Now, should I just use the logo as used on the merchandise- mugs, tshirts, etc? I'm not an expert so don't know how it would look in smaller dimentions (no more than an inch square, for instance).

Why not a simple hexagonal badge [pin] with c.net on it. That would be really subtle!

You might start an argument between those who want a hexagonal badge, and those who might insist that only an octagonal or duodecimal will do

:D :) :unsure: B)

Please sir, can I have an octagonal one ?

But seriously, I seem to recall that 30+ years ago some of the older ICA members still had octagonal enamelled badges, with the logo "ICA", that had been made for the Association years earlier. They were indeed subtle, but effective.

Maybe we could submit designs and then vote?

Whilst I really like designs on the offical C-Net merchandise, shouldn't we ask the copyright holder permission to use it first, if that's the way we decide to go?

(Just trying to do the right thing :))

Cheers

Morgana

Why not a simple hexagonal badge [pin] with c.net on it. That would be really subtle!

Samantha

You might start an argument between those who want a hexagonal badge, and those who might insist that only an octagonal or duodecimal will do

:D :) :unsure: B)

And of course I will want a badge depicting an eight sided English (the only true type of concertina). :rolleyes:

Edited by Lester Bailey

And of course I will want a badge depicting an eight sided English (the only true type of concertina). :rolleyes:

Sorry, Lester, but while I love my Æola Englishes, if we're gonna talk "true" concertinas, it should be -- with permission -- Stephen C's avatar. :)

When it comes to C.net, however, I think an anglo (30-button Jeffries?) is most appropriate, as that's the origin of Concertina.net. We English and duet players are Johnnies- and Jennies-come-lately here on C.net.

Sorry, Lester, but while I love my Æola Englishes, if we're gonna talk "true" concertinas, it should be -- with permission -- Stephen C's avatar. :)

Thanks Jim, but I think I have a better idea, that would suit (almost) everybody, and (hopefully) offend no-one :

How about a small blue-enamelled hexagon with the letters "C.net" picked out in the middle of it in silver ? (Silver edging and six endbolts might further enhance it ?)

Edited to substitute "i" for "o" (whoever put those next to each other on the keyboard ? ;) ).

Edited by Stephen Chambers

Thanks Jim, but I think I have a better idea, that would suit (almost) everybody, and (hopefully) offend no-one :

How about a small blue-enamelled hexagon with the letters "C.net" picked out in the middle of it in silver ? (Silver edging and six endbolts might further enhance it ?)

Edited to substitute "i" for "o" (whoever put those next to each other on the keyboard ?  ;) ).

That's what I meant - so it's obviously a GREAT idea :D .

Samantha

But seriously, I seem to recall that 30+ years ago some of the older ICA members still had octagonal enamelled badges, with the logo "ICA", that had been made for the Association years earlier. They were indeed subtle, but effective.

Who you calling old :( ? - but seriously, one of these badges is the only non-document/photo item in the ICA archive. It belonged to Eileen Jones, who is pictured with Frank Butler in Richard Carlin's PICA article. I'll get a picture of it posted here next time I'm digging in the depths.