What're you working on this week on concertina?

• 1 year later...

Just came across this thread… Lots  of great comments!  

Concertinas are all good so nothing there but I am restoring some old leather cases if I can find the missing latch parts to finish them.  

Pretty boring stuff but I am practicing the chromatic scale on the EC daily (a New Years resolution) and am working on some classical pieces (Bach and Clementi).

Edited by 4to5to6

That's a handsome box Alex!  Having purchased the pair of 6" 44 button Shakespeare ends offered here I must ask about space inside.  My project is a d-core Jeff duet with a couple of tweeks to "civilize" the note pattern ( the button holes on these ends are a match for my JD).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wunks said:

That's a handsome box Alex!  Having purchased the pair of 6" 44 button Shakespeare ends offered here I must ask about space inside.  My project is a d-core Jeff duet with a couple of tweeks to "civilize" the note pattern ( the button holes on these ends are a match for my JD).

I'll PM you to avoid going off topic on this thread.

• Like 1

I found an old print out of St Bernard's waltz which I was given at a session about 10 years ago and spent a few evenings learning it. Very fun tune, quite tricky to balance on anglo with an accompaniment  as the melody goes quite low but the challenge was fun, I hope to upload a video soon. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 11:59 AM, alex_holden said:

This week I'm putting the finishing touches on a 32 button C/G Anglo, 6" wide black ends with bloodwood trim and brass capped buttons.

no_11.jpg

I like the black with the bloodwood Alex, its nice to have that contrast, it rather lifts it. totally black instruments can sometimes be a bit Indistinct visually I think.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wunks said:

Also trying to stay on topic ;  What wood for the rest? my dream box project is antique chestnut (old table leaf), light, strong, stable and nice looking I think.

The handrests on that one are bloodwood too.

Still sort of on topic, I received some blocks of Thuya burr this week, a piece of which will be used for the trim and handrails of my next instrument:

thuyaburr.jpg

• Like 4