Who's Having A Laugh?

david robertson

Come on, own up! Which of you merry pranksters informed the seller of the buttonless German-made Lachenal that it was made by the famous old firm of "Seirffej"? (See here.)

Remember, it's not fair to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. On the other hand, maybe anyone who describes a concertina with every button missing as being "in generally good condition" has got it coming.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, own up! Which of you merry pranksters informed the seller of the buttonless German-made Lachenal that it was made by the famous old firm of "Seirffej"?

Drat, no wonder it's gone over the 6p I bid on it! :lol:

(Well I couldn't bear to see it sitting there with a bid of only 1p on it... :rolleyes: )

... maybe anyone who describes a concertina with every button missing as being "in generally good condition" has got it coming.

Or describing it as a Lachenal for that matter, when it actually states on it that it was 'Made In Germany'? Somebody should tell 'em that Lachenal's trade mark said 'English Make'... :huh:

I think he's fair game; presumably he wouldn't have used all that over-the-top enthusiasm if he didn't think it might con someone? Or does he talk like that all the time?

Wish I'd thought of it.

Come on, own up! Which of you merry pranksters informed the seller of the buttonless German-made Lachenal that it was made by the famous old firm of "Seirffej"? (See here.)

Remember, it's not fair to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. On the other hand, maybe anyone who describes a concertina with every button missing as being "in generally good condition" has got it coming.

That is the best Ebay response I've ever seen. Bravo to the author.

I did write the seller and say that this wasn't a Lachenal because Lachenal didn't make concertinas outside of England. I received no reply and my question wasn't posted on the listing. The one that did get posted is indeed amusing -- but I hope that it doesn't fool any naive buyers into thinking that this concertina is worth a bid..... :(

Come on, own up! Which of you merry pranksters informed the seller of the buttonless German-made Lachenal that it was made by the famous old firm of "Seirffej"?
Drat, no wonder it's gone over the 6p I bid on it! :lol:

(Well I couldn't bear to see it sitting there with a bid of only 1p on it... :rolleyes: )

... maybe anyone who describes a concertina with every button missing as being "in generally good condition" has got it coming.
Or describing it as a Lachenal for that matter, when it actually states on it that it was 'Made In Germany'? Somebody should tell 'em that Lachenal's trade mark said 'English Make'... :huh:

I'm thinking there should DEFINITELY be some debate on this rare treasure's possible top end price! :P

Well I'm sure it will lead to the discovery of many more rare concertinas, including the Enotstaehw, the Lanehcal, and those rare birds by the famous Senoj.

But I'll keep my eye out for a Wordet or a Reppid.

Well I was certainly fooled!! I guessed it was probably an early unsuccessful attempt at a concertina version of a player piano. No buttons required. Just move the bellows and out comes the music. It looks to old to be a digital, bluetooth instrument.