What's Happening To The Display Mode?

Usually when I click on a topic I can then read all the posts in sequence. For the last couple of days I've just seen the first post, and then underneath is a tree listing the titles of the replies.

If I click on the "Options" button and select "standard" I can then see all the posts.

Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me?

Usually when I click on a topic I can then read all the posts in sequence. For the last couple of days I've just seen the first post, and then underneath is a tree listing the titles of the replies.

If I click on the "Options" button and select "standard" I can then see all the posts.

For me, it's gone in phases over the months. In some respects, the tree was more useful, especially as threads tend to wander off-topic (guilty!), but occasionally, some posts just did not appear in the tree (so I had to go into the poster's profile to read them!).

I've been back to sequential postings for a couple of months. Fine, for me, but I have to remember to check up the thread for several "new posts".

I guess that our internet browsers might dictate which format we see, but I still don't understand why it changes. :unsure:

Regards,

Peter.

You can toggle display modes. This was one reason for one of our upgrades a few years back - some folks prefer the tree mode, which was how paul's homebuilt old forum system (circa 2001-2003) displayed. I don't remember how to do this (I tried it once the first day, and have used thread display since then), and don't have time to read up on for you it right now. If you fish around on the Invision help pages or wait for an expert to post, someone will remember how this works. You could also try flushing the cookies in your browser to see if it resets.

Ken

Happened to me too, but it seems to be sorted out now. Mike

You can switch between display modes -- "Standard," "Outline," and "Linear+" -- by clicking the Options button that appears on the right end of the blue title bar at the top of the thread.

Who knew???

Thanks for the information! :D

Pam

• 2 months later...

It's just happened to me!

Oddly, it only happened on the home PC (winxp/Firefox). At work it's stayed in the "normal" display mode

(Linux/Firefox). Thanks for your tip about getting the display back to the old way (maybe it's in a cookie somewhere).