Christmas Tunes

Been invited to a friends house tomorrow evening for a night of Christmas Carols. He holds it every year and invites his two friends from his village who play with the London Symphony Orchestra. He plays English concertina and harmonium.

I have just received the music for the night and most is in either 3 or 4 flats :o . I am strictly a Morris musician who thinks G and D will suffice for most everything.

Wish me luck, I'm off to practice.

Hi Lester,

Take charge, get stuck in and educate your friends to the delights and G & D on the Anglo ! ...... but why not transpose and take copies of your favourites in G/D just in case?

Have fun and all the best for Christmas and the New Year

Regards

Dave

Ps..... key of "H" ..... a certain 'early bath' for a G/D player ;)

Edited by Dave Prebble

Lester why not impress them all, when there is a lull, by playing some of your tunes without the music :rolleyes:

It isn't right to have to play in keys other than 1 to 3 sharps. I am sure the b stands for something rude and shouldn't be brought out in decent company :P

Sharron

ps. Sing some alternative version of the carols in your head whilst playing, sure to ease the playing :lol:

Hi Lester,

thank you for beautiful webs (information) you have send in your thread. Shall look to it with more time the coming days abd revert.

Me too, tomorrow evening have to play as SOLO PEFOMRE ON MY ANGLO, KNOWING THE KEYS i PLAY, BUT ALSO ON MY cHMNIOTZER RECENTLY PURCHASE WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IN WHICH KJEYS THE INSTRUMET IS TUNED, ALSO IT SEEMS TO BE A g/f (VERY STRABGE ?!), WILL FIND IT OUT. nO TIME NOW, MUST PLAY, IT SPOUND GOOD ANYWAY.

mERRY cHRISMAS TO YOU ALL

jOACHIM dELP

:rolleyes: Oo Oo Key of H

For Helen of course.

Lester, you have to let us know how this all turns out. If you had fun. If you got everybody drunk and no one knew what was being played. Whatever.

Sure hope it's fun.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

Helen

Transpose away, Carols are in 3 & 4 flats for singing purposes, if you are only playing them (not singing too), then put them back into brighter dance keys, after all many started out as dance tunes.

Dave

Chums

All went well. 4 flats ain't that hard once you work out that Db is really C#. ;)

Also observed that the folky part of the band was much more able to play by ear/busk than the classically trained who had to have dots to make it happen. Cheered me up no end.

Joy, Health Love and Peace

Be all here in this land.