Hundreds Of Unread Emails

I have transferred this from Alan Day Where are you?

About Jan/Feb time Wanadoo took over Freeserve and Freeserve accounts were automatically transfered to the new company.They require every so often for you to re register your pay as you go account, otherwise suddenly you cannot receive or send Emails.At about this time I switched to Broadband Tiscali.Somehow some Emails via Tiscali came through OK and from most people I had no problems,some however complained that they had sent me an Email and I did not get it.I also noticed that C.Net new notifications of postings dried up.

Two nights ago all incoming Emails stopped and Jim posted that Emails to me were bouncing.I spent two hours this evening trying to get to the bottom of it all.No problems with Tiscali ,but Wanadoo was the problem some sort of Email jam up I was told.After following instructions I saw Unread Emails,when I clicked on it to my horror Emails that were sent to me as long ago as January started to appear,some very important.I therefore must apologise to the following people who did not get a reply and must have thought I was extremely rude.Also to those people who I thought had not replied to me.

Alex West re John Rodd,Perry re concertina, Alan Atlas re Anglo Int,Jeff Stallard,

Henk,Bob Bolton re tutor,C Blay,Dario,Greg Jowasais,Felix,Red and in particular Bruce Mc Casky, Howard Mitchell and Niel Wayne.

I will be sending you all a personal note of apology.

It has taken me four hours to read hundreds of Emails/Spams/Cnet Postings/Personal messages.

My head aches,my figers cramped up on the mouse and I am embarrased.

Al :(

Edited by Alan Day

My commiserations!

If you (or enyone else on c.net) are really fed up with your email provider, drop me a line - I have a couple of hundred email accounts to give away from my domain provider (@brumble.net). The domain is professionally hosted in Germany and I have had no problems with the reliability over the 6 years or so I have been using them. You can have 10 aliases for your account and full POP3 and IMAP(!) functionality.

I don't charge for the service, although you're free to buy me a beer should we ever meet at a squeeze in...

About Jan/Feb time Wanadoo took over Freeserve and Freeserve accounts were automatically transfered to the new company....

Al,

As you probably now realise, not only did they transfer all accounts, but they adopted a completely new mail interface, so its no surprise that you didn't know about the messages until the whole lot started to overflow. They also kindly increased mailbox sizes, so its taken longer than it would have done before, for the problem to raise its head. I would blame the French owners - Wanadoo is the Citroen of the internet world!