Big list of Anglo layouts

Here's the layout of my 39 key CG Wolverton.  The extra 'crossover' buttons on the right hand give even more options; and although I've lost my drone C to get the bass D it's been worth it.

https://anglopiano.com/?_30_eFHnJKNMmn_170_QPPQsSVtTv._15_cGGIijkLMNnJ_80_rMoOqpSRuTwURq.IHjlMNOopqLm_110_poSrUTvuYwts._145_lk_125_dd_170_ONXx&title=Andrew%20Collins'%2039b%20CG%20Wolverton

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AndrewCollins said:

Here's the layout of my 39 key CG Wolverton.  The extra 'crossover' buttons on the right hand give even more options; and although I've lost my drone C to get the bass D it's been worth it.

D3 in BOTH directions, I'm envious!

• Haha 1

Uploaded a layout I made half a dozen of. Essentially it replaces on the right the dog whistlers I never use (not the same as saying no-one ever uses) with repeats of RHS notes which are not repeated in the classic layout, plus five notes from the LHS. 
https://anglopiano.com/?_30_eFHhJKNMmn_110_PPlQsSVtTv._15_cGGIijkLMN_80_LkoOqpSRuTRU.IHjlMNOopq_110_nmSrUTvurstV&title=Chris Ghent 32 Key C/G Irish Augmented

Edited by Chris Ghent

27 minutes ago, Chris Ghent said:

Uploaded a layout I made half a dozen of [...]

Chris, could you click "get link" and paste it here? There's no database; the layout you made is on your computer only until you share a link. Looking forward to seeing it — I'm particularly interested in layouts that make better use of the dog whistles...

3 hours ago, Luke Hillman said:

Chris, could you click "get link" and paste it here? There's no database; the layout you made is on your computer only until you share a link. Looking forward to seeing it — I'm particularly interested in layouts that make better use of the dog whistles...

https://anglopiano.com/?_30_eFHhJKNMmn_110_PPlQsSVtTv._15_cGGIijkLMN_80_LkoOqpSRuTRU.IHjlMNOopq_110_nmSrUTvurstV&title=Chris Ghent 32 Key C/G Irish Augmented

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 2:03 PM, Luke Hillman said:

I really like this one. You've still got a compass of C3-D6, which is as high as I ever go on a C/G, and the reversals are luxurious.

One of the things I like is most players can play the layout and be unaware of the changed notes because they never use those buttons anyway. On the other hand, established players are unlikely to adapt to all of the changes. I find the most handy is the low f# on the RHS, a change I copied from the Dippers 23 years ago. One person, a spectacular player, asked me to reinstate the e6, I think they were used to using it as an octave.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:47 AM, Luke Hillman said:

Hi Richard, easiest way is to start with an existing 40b layout and customize it:

• Select "CG Wheatstone 40" (or another tuning if more convenient)
  • click "edit layout"
  • make your changes
  • click "save"
  • click "get link"
  • paste that link here

I have a Jeffries G/D 38 button layout I'd like to add; do I assume that by saving it creates a new layout? I want to make sure this doesn't save over an existing layout. :)

2 minutes ago, Morgana said:

I have a Jeffries G/D 38 button layout I'd like to add; do I assume that by saving it creates a new layout? I want to make sure this doesn't save over an existing layout. :)

Yes! Editing any layout will create a new layout. It's also on your machine only, so you won't be affecting anyone else's view. Once you've got it how you want it, you can get a link to share here.

55 minutes ago, Luke Hillman said:

Yes! Editing any layout will create a new layout. It's also on your machine only, so you won't be affecting anyone else's view. Once you've got it how you want it, you can get a link to share here.

Thank you :)

31 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Trying to input a new layout but when I hit finish it automatically converts all the A#s to Bbs, although all the other sharp notes remain the same. Is this intentional? Thanks for your time.

More or less. Originally I was going to spell all notes as sharp by default, but after looking at a lot of layout diagrams in several tunings, Bb was pretty consistently spelled Bb. I know this won't be the case for some meantone-tuned instruments. I haven't discovered any clear conventions for note spellings in a given tuning, and I have yet to come up with a good way to preserve user preferences on which spelling to use for a given note. Your input definitely welcome!

Edited by Luke Hillman

6 minutes ago, Luke Hillman said:

More or less. Originally I was going to spell all notes as sharp by default, but after looking at a lot of layout diagrams in several tunings, Bb was pretty consistently spelled Bb. I know this won't be the case for some meantone-tuned instruments. I haven't discovered any clear conventions for note spellings in a given tuning, and I have yet to come up with a good way to preserve user preferences on which spelling to use for a given note. Your input definitely welcome!

Thanks, appreciated. Generally sharps and flats aren't mixed in a single key signature however I do really appreciate this resources and understand that sometimes it's just go with whatever works.. which in this case works well.  :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morgana said:

Generally sharps and flats aren't mixed in a single key signature [...]

Indeed- part of the issue is (and this is partially due to my hobbyist-level programming skill) that I haven't figured out a way of detecting which tuning a user-defined layout is in. It would be easy enough if I could always tell which buttons were the core 20, but on some non-standard layouts that's actually kind of difficult. As a simple way to address this in the near term, would it be less bothersome if all notes used the sharp spelling by default?

4 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Here is my link to a Jefferies 38 Button Anglo Concertina. Thank again :)

Thank you! Adding it to the main list :)

35 minutes ago, Luke Hillman said:

Indeed- part of the issue is (and this is partially due to my hobbyist-level programming skill) that I haven't figured out a way of detecting which tuning a user-defined layout is in. It would be easy enough if I could always tell which buttons were the core 20, but on some non-standard layouts that's actually kind of difficult. As a simple way to address this in the near term, would it be less bothersome if all notes used the sharp spelling by default?

Thank you! Adding it to the main list :)