Facebook Concertinas for sale listed a Jeffries Bb / F 38 BTN Anglo London UK.

Notemaker

Jeffries 38 BTN

https://www.facebook.com/groups/526202860856311/permalink/2667397510070158/?sale_post_id=2667397510070158

Looks genuine, but the poster's name looks a bit off to me - and it is in London UK, where hot things are sometimes traded.

Maybe some long lost  instrument?

Edited by Notemaker
error

There are lots of people on the various concertina-related Facebook groups who have no interest in signing up for and frequenting a niche forum. I wouldn't be surprised if the active community over there is significantly larger than on this site. I'm not saying that's good or bad, it's just the way things have gradually shifted over the past decade or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex_holden said:

There are lots of people on the various concertina-related Facebook groups who have no interest in signing up for and frequenting a niche forum. I wouldn't be surprised if the active community over there is significantly larger than on this site. I'm not saying that's good or bad, it's just the way things have gradually shifted over the past decade or so.

That is my impression too.

Yes, there can be a lot of twiddle on those sites. The You tube ..has also had reputation for eg. Our Aunty Fran's cat playing with Percy parrot type silly things!

But there again you can make them interesting too; as many here link videos to c.net from tube channels, which I suppose is better.

Edited by SIMON GABRIELOW

The Facebook group is marked private for data protection purposes and to limit the risk of fraud/ spam.  It is monitored by me and some others (additional Admins/ Moderators welcomed), and whilst it does get the occasional spam post, they are quickly removed (and the contributor removed from the group).  It's not intended to replace or compete with any other forums or groups and it is free. It currently has 3,500 members.  I am inclined to agree that many Facebook Groups are not well administered or monitored, but that is not the case for this group.

On 9/13/2023 at 7:29 AM, Rikki said:

The Facebook group is marked private for data protection purposes and to limit the risk of fraud/ spam.  It is monitored by me and some others (additional Admins/ Moderators welcomed), and whilst it does get the occasional spam post, they are quickly removed (and the contributor removed from the group).  It's not intended to replace or compete with any other forums or groups and it is free. It currently has 3,500 members.  I am inclined to agree that many Facebook Groups are not well administered or monitored, but that is not the case for this group.

I usually look here first but I would like to thank Rikki for having that group as I found a Morse Ceili there which is what I was looking for while awaiting a Kensington being made.

• Like 1