For Your Viewing Enjoyment

Personally speaking I love bellows papers, but I know they're not evreyone's cup of tea. Well, that is one handsome box. Hope you're very happy together.

(Pete Hyde sent me a picture of my Anglodeon this morning, fully assembeld but awaiting the reeds getting their final tune. Me oh my, that's pretty too. I will put up photos when it arrives).

Chris

Not rare gentlemen....for the Victorian Era. Jeff's got himself a fine example in what seems to be top shape. Again, I really like the papers (althought I guess they are recent replacements by the lack of discoloration.

Edited by Mark Evans

Again, I really like the papers (althought I guess they are recent replacements by the lack of discoloration.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but upon closer inspection, there is some fading in spots, so if they were replaced, I'm guessing it happened a while ago. Unfortunately, my camera isn't good enough to get close enough to show you the fading to get your opinion.

I just looked up the serial number (23437), and using the formula at

http://www.concertina.info/tina.faq/conc-ap1.htm, it was made in 1880, which would put it smack dab in the middle of the Victorian era, as Mark suggested. I was guessing 1910s or so; boy was I off. I feel even more obligated to take care of it now.

Here's a painting from 1884. If you look way in the back, you can clearly make out some dude playing my Lachenal. It's hard to tell, but it appears that he's wearing a neck strap! AHA!!!!

post-1010-1116455996_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeff Stallard