More Fraud, I Guess

I know for a fact it's not just concertina players. Can't elaborate more right now, I'll just say that my husband's still working on getting his money back from a bogus deal. Has to do with old postal stamps. The guy selling them claims he was swindled - but I did a little research ( after the fact) and found at least 1 other serious claim against this guy - 1 that didn't show up on eBay.

My husband does a much better business offline -- though I know there are some very decent people selling on eBay -- selling paper, selling old concertinas.

I took a chance and bought a concertina on eBay A while ago -- an almost like new Bastari English, For a decent price. No problems, all good. But true I never would have done it if the seller demanded communication outside of eBay, et cetera.

Of course eBay does have some buyer protection, but if you wait too long, that can expire, making it harder to get your money back from a swindler.

So, do they think concertina players are more gullible than the average person, or are there scams like this on millions of other products??? Here's hoping we're not just being singled out!

No if you see one of the fraudulent listings like this when it is active, and look at the sellers other items you will frequently find a long list of all sorts of things being offered in the same fraudulent way.

I think that one possible reason the scammers want to use private contact is that they have stolen an eBay identity and the private contact will go to a separate e-mail address and the legitimate owner of the identity won't be aware of the activity on his/her account. It also can make it harder to track the bogus identity thief.

Ross Schlabach

Ross, it's one reason ebay strongly advise not to sell or buy off ebay, once the money has left you, you may never see it again! Also, they want the Paypal fees for the transaction. (Paypal is owned by ebay)