International Concertina Association on Facebook

Hello C-Netters,

The International Concertina Association now has a facebook page. We will be posting news, links to our web pages and the occassional gem from the archives and library.

So, if you are a facebook user you are welcome to join up at the the following link. Just click that you 'like' us on the left hand side of the page. You are also welcome to post there too.

ICA facebook page

Jon McNamara, our Chair, has posted to say that the next edition of Concertina World (edited by Pauline de Snoo) will soon be on its way to members. There's also details of the AGM and Jody Kruskal workshop in Lewes on the 29th October.

With best,

Jeremy

Hello C-Netters,

The International Concertina Association now has a facebook page. We will be posting news, links to our web pages and the occassional gem from the archives and library.

So, if you are a facebook user you are welcome to join up at the the following link. Just click that you 'like' us on the left hand side of the page. You are also welcome to post there too.

ICA facebook page

Jon McNamara, our Chair, has posted to say that the next edition of Concertina World (edited by Pauline de Snoo) will soon be on its way to members. There's also details of the AGM and Jody Kruskal workshop in Lewes on the 29th October.

With best,

Jeremy

Thanks, Jeremy, but there is an error in your link to the Facebook page, which I have corrected in this posting.

Chris

Don't worry about the link. Just go to FB, sign in, and type International Concertina Association in the "Search" book and it will take you there. I think I was the 47th person to "like" the site, so it would be good if more folks signed up.

Don't worry about the link. Just go to FB, sign in, and type International Concertina Association in the "Search" book and it will take you there. I think I was the 47th person to "like" the site, so it would be good if more folks signed up.

well, as a cyberhermit with strong reservations about FB and its personal data mining lunacy, I'll be forever shut out, I guess. Is this really the future of digital life - you have to give yourself away to access information just so that everything is seemingly free but actually costs you your privacy? I'd rather sign up to some paid service (and therebye also have legitimate rights to services) that doesn't finance itself by stripping you naked and selling your nude pictures to whoever pays for them in return...

Sorry, no personal offence, I just feel very strongly that the FB model is the worst road the internet can go down, and I hope that enough people feel that way too so that after all SOME useful information remains accessible for everyone who is interested in them.

Edited by Ruediger R. Asche

I too am in the non-Facebook camp. The fact that it tracks your web browsing activity, even after you have closed Facebook down, is a little bit sinister. But if it drives more people to the ICA website, then best of luck with it.

I too am in the non-Facebook camp. The fact that it tracks your web browsing activity, even after you have closed Facebook down, is a little bit sinister. But if it drives more people to the ICA website, then best of luck with it.

That's my attitude too, (as long as I don't end up missing anything important).

I didn't know it did that , but am deeply unimpressed if that's so. I must talk to Sal, who uses it a lot. Personally I just get bored with yet more things that need passwords and demand responses.

I'm also not a facebook member. I simply don't trust it.

I don't like its closed model, especially as it is a one way closed model.

I'm not a ICA member either but that's just inertia. I simply haven't got a round tuit.

Geoff

I'm also not a facebook member. I simply don't trust it.

I don't like its closed model, especially as it is a one way closed model.

Geoff

hear hear smile.gif I'm not a facebook member either but I did get round to joining the ICA biggrin.gif

what really put me off facebook was the way it took them months to shut/suspend my late husband's account despite having the meaning of deceased explained to them in detail several times. rolleyes.gif

his being dead is no barrier to getting e-mails from them saying how much fuller his 'life' would be if he re-activated his account blink.gif smiley-angelic005.gif