Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend 2011

• 4 months later...

The weekend will start early on Thursday 14th July with a session hosted by The Royal Concertina Players at The Royal Hotel,Dungworth at 8.00pm featuring any guests who turn up.If you need directions email me.If you want to eat pies and be guaranteed of a seat get there before 8.00pm.Tickets for the weekend are selling briskly so contact me if you want a booking form

Email:edeophone@aol.com

I realise that many of the regular attendees have heard most of my family history so I apologise in advance but hopefully other things may be shown or heard that have not been seen before.

Does anyone who will be attending the weekend have access to a projector that will connect to a Laptop and can definitely bring it along.

Whether I am clever enough to use it is another matter.

Also, if anybody has any other concertina related things that they would like to discuss in public or in private, I will be available all weekend. Sometimes I do get a bit inundated so please do come back to me if you feel that you have been ignored.

If it is your first visit, do come and say hello.

Geoff

I sold a good number of tickets for the weekend at the lovely English Country Music Weekend in Brightlingsea where the weekend tickets were on Special Offer,at £20 instead of £25, so I am repeating the offer via this site.When booking quote offer code BTMWCN1.If you need information or a booking form email me.I am hoping that Keith Kendrick(anglo & english)& Sylvia Needham(Maccann Duet) will be attending for at least part of the weekend.The weekend features the best line up of traditional singers you are likely to see in the UK.

Mike Acott the well known concertina repairer has confirmed he will be attending the weekend.Mike is also a fine singer and concertina player so will be performing at the opening session on Thursday 14th July.If you want to attend please purchase your tickets without further delay.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest News

We have added another music session starting at 12.00pm on Friday 15th July probably at The Nags Head,Loxley probably lead by Roger Digby & Liz Giddings.You can have excellent home cooked pie and peas and a pint for £5.If you want to attend this session email me in case we have to change the venue.Roger & Liz will also be teaching some interesting tunes during a workshop over the weekend.If you are coming to the weekend and have not bought a ticket email me a booking form and pay on your arrival.

Yep. I'll arrive on Saturday too (with tent).

Looking forward to meeting you Alan.

Jeremy

Damn. Another good reason to be peeved that I can't get there. The whole event sounds spectacular.

Yep. I'll arrive on Saturday too (with tent).

Looking forward to meeting you Alan.

Jeremy

Damn. Another good reason to be peeved that I can't get there. The whole event sounds spectacular.

And I was hoping you would be playing this on your refurbed box!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ferrier+what+is+life+without+thee&docid=961055425980&mid=9AB73C5F5647AFA33D699AB73C5F5647AFA33D69&FORM=VIRE3

You can have excellent home cooked pie and peas and a pint for £5.

For this alone, if for nothing else, I wish I could come.

But visitors leave today and The Flute Maker arrives on the 18th,

so I must forgo this great event. Perhaps next year.

It sounds as if it is reaching epic proportions.

Deservedly so. Lovely venue, lovely people, great music.

And pie, peas, and a pint for £5.

Friday Lunchtime Music Session Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend 2011

I have just visited The Nags Head,Loxley and the landlady is looking forward to receiving a party of musicians and singers.Some really fine musicians and singers have said they will be attending.Could I suggest,if you coming to the weekend that you leave early and get to The Nags Head.You will not regret it.Fine home cooked pie and peas and a pint of our superb local brew from the Bradfield Brewery will be available at little cost(it was £5 last year).There is no discount for the retired or unwaged.I will be carrying out my other duties but will attend if I can.

[quote

I'll arrive on Saturday too (with tent).

I am missing out - could not manage these dates this year.

If I want to attend in the future, is this an event that depends on camping?

Or can less hardy souls like me find a close enough B & B ?

The weekend has not yet finished.Another session for anybody remaining at The Royal Hotel,Dungworth tonight Sunday 17th July at 8.00pm all singers and musicians welcome.

There is plenty of accommodation locally but you need to book now for 2012 if you want to get in.I will announce the dates for 2012 shortly after I have established the dates for the 2012 Willie Clancy Summer School