juliettedaum.com

tzirtzi

Hello all :)

A while ago there used to be a collection of concertina sheet music scanned from an old victorian book found at www.juliettedaum.com/concertinabook. This has sadly recently been taken down.

I was wondering if anyone had happened to sensibly download and keep a copy of that sheet music? I wish I had done, but all I have of it is a few print-offs - four pieces out of over sixty that were there. It really is a great shame as there were some beautiful arrangements. I've emailed Juliette Daum but received no reply, so I thought I would try here :).

-tzirtzi

I was wondering if anyone had happened to sensibly download and keep a copy of that sheet music?

The original book was returned, via myself, to Alan Day. This was back in January 2009. Alan posted, some months back, to say that he was investigating ways in which to make this collection available. I can't remeber whether there was a resolution; maybe Alan could update us.

Regards,

Peter.

I was wondering if anyone had happened to sensibly download and keep a copy of that sheet music?

The original book was returned, via myself, to Alan Day. This was back in January 2009. Alan posted, some months back, to say that he was investigating ways in which to make this collection available. I can't remeber whether there was a resolution; maybe Alan could update us.

Regards,

Peter.

The book is now at Will Fly's House (A member of this Forum) and he is going to scan and put the book in full on his site.

I understand that he will use "Audacity" so every page will be available including the awaited "Tutorial" section that is nearer the back of the book.

I will chase him up on Saturday when we have a get together

Either he or I will let you know when it is available.

Al

The book is now at Will Fly's House (A member of this Forum) and he is going to scan and put the book in full on his site.

I understand that he will use "Audacity" so every page will be available including the awaited "Tutorial" section that is nearer the back of the book.

Audacity?

I thought that was only for sound files. Is he going to record all the exercises? :unsure:

Audacity?

I thought that was only for sound files. Is he going to record all the exercises? :unsure:

No Jim,You are right,whatever he is using they will be a total collection. I thought Audacity was used for this as well, obviously not.

Apologies

Al

• 10 months later...

The book is at Will Fly's House and he is working through it.

Some of the music is duplicated and he wants to do a good job on it.

I have chased him recently regarding it's release and ,now you have posted ,I will use that to twist his arm.

Al

Sorry for the delay on this book.

Will has been chased to put it all up for everyone, but he is heavily involved as Musical Director of a pantomime at the moment. I will continue to pressure him to make the book available.

Al

Sorry for the delay on this book.

Will has been chased to put it all up for everyone, but he is heavily involved as Musical Director of a pantomime at the moment. I will continue to pressure him to make the book available.

Al

I recorded the first part of "Turkish Music" from "The Caliph of Bagdad" from the book, and have it available Here (Page 45). It's on my Wheatstone EC Baritone... I'm not happy with the timing, but I've also played it more since I made the recording. :rolleyes:

I also like the "Redowa Polka" from page 33 too. B)

Patrick

Edited by Dieppe

• 2 weeks later...