juliettedaum.com

tzirtzi

It is strange. I can open it in my browser, but when I download it, Adobe says that the file is damaged. I hate computers.

ocd

Wow. That's maddening. What if you right-click the link and choose "Save link/target as..."? I got that to work on my end just now.

-J

It is strange. I can open it in my browser, but when I download it, Adobe says that the file is damaged. I hate computers.

ocd

Wow. That's maddening. What if you right-click the link and choose "Save link/target as..."? I got that to work on my end just now.

-J

It finally worked using a different browser!

ocd

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I now have the book back and I intend to photograph the pages and post them from the pages you already have.

There is limited space for photographic downloads so perhaps if I can Email them to somebody who can post them here (Email address please). My first port of call will be Jeremy Hague ICA who I would like to have this whole collection.

I would be grateful if anyone who has had difficulties reading any music from this collection and would like me to do a further (Possibly clearer version) let me know here.

Will (Fly) informs me that some of the music duplicates, if I post up something you already have, my apologies.

Al

I now have the book back and I intend to photograph the pages and post them from the pages you already have.

There is limited space for photographic downloads so perhaps if I can Email them to somebody who can post them here (Email address please). My first port of call will be Jeremy Hague ICA who I would like to have this whole collection.

I would be grateful if anyone who has had difficulties reading any music from this collection and would like me to do a further (Possibly clearer version) let me know here.

Will (Fly) informs me that some of the music duplicates, if I post up something you already have, my apologies.

Al

I can host the files on my personal web page if you want, just send me a pm...

Many thanks ,I have sent you a PM .

The book balance of pages has now been photographed and cleaned to the best of my ability.

At some point it would be nice if somebody started to demonstrate some of these tunes and exercises to help others. Juliette was going to do this but sadly could not complete the task for personal reasons.

I hope you find it useful

Al

That's great Alan - Michel van der Meiren, our webmaster, says that we can put on the website for users to download.

Of course, once keen concertinists have mastered all these :) there is lot more music available in the ICA library for members to try out. It will be some time until the whole collection is digitised, but if any member wants to have a go at something new, I will copy and send in pdf for you. So if you want to test out the differences in Case, Warren, Blagrove, Regondi or Shackelton arrangements - we've got the lot!

If anyone else has any music - in hardcopy, or electronic - they would be gratefully received and carefully preserved for future generations.

Jeremy

So I can now confirm that the book can be downloaded from two sources in the near future

The ICA and Ruediger Asche , both will be contacting you when it is ready.

The music is being sent in two large batches

1) The balance of the written music not sent by Juliette

2) The exercises , music terminology etc

Al

So I can now confirm that the book can be downloaded from two sources in the near future

Al

ok, here's the scoop on my side:

I have created a public directory on my domain, http://www.ruediger-asche.de/jdbook/ . There's no signup, no ads, just the plain files as Alan sent/sends me. As I am writing this, the first 24 pages are being uploaded (for the impatient at heart). As I receive the files from Alan, I'll add them to the directory. When all is done, I'll add another post and possibly make a .pdf so that you only need to download one file instead of many.

Eventually, the documents should (and certainly will) be hosted by an "official" concertina web domain, so once I know for sure that they are available to the public there, I'll take them off my domain (but of course only after I'm sure that they can be downloaded from the ICA or whereever). In the meantime, join me in thanking Alan for his work!

Update: I see that Alan keeps pumping files out. I'm at work right now, so I won't be able to upload the files until I'm home, but be patient. By tonight we should have made plenty of headway!

Edited by Ruediger R. Asche

Al

ok, here's the scoop on my side:

I have created a public directory on my domain, http://www.ruediger-asche.de/jdbook/ . There's no signup, no ads, just the plain files as Alan sent/sends me. As I am writing this, the first 24 pages are being uploaded (for the impatient at heart). As I receive the files from Alan, I'll add them to the directory. When all is done, I'll add another post and possibly make a .pdf so that you only need to download one file instead of many.

Eventually, the documents should (and certainly will) be hosted by an "official" concertina web domain, so once I know for sure that they are available to the public there, I'll take them off my domain (but of course only after I'm sure that they can be downloaded from the ICA or whereever). In the meantime, join me in thanking Alan for his work!

Update: I see that Alan keeps pumping files out. I'm at work right now, so I won't be able to upload the files until I'm home, but be patient. By tonight we should have made plenty of headway!

You now have the total balance of the outstanding pages of the book. This includes the very useful exercises and music terminology.

All the pages are sideways on which suits the camera but you can either rotate to view through 90 degrees or print it.

I am happy to re issue any other pages which are unclear from Juliette.

Al

Hello everyone. Alan has sent me the missing pages and I've zipped them and made them available from our website: http://www.concertina.org/ica/index.php/news/37-spotted/161-the-concertina-book-of-music.

Should I zip the first part from http://www.juliettedaum.com/concertina.html as well?

Thanks, Alan.

I think you should, so the whole book is available.

Just sending you the last thirty or so pages for completion.

Not all of this site are members of the ICA Ruediger so please carry on putting it up on your site.

Many thanks for the prompt action from you both.

Please let me know everyone if you find the pages interesting

Al

Hello everyone. Alan has sent me the missing pages and I've zipped them and made them available from our website: http://www.concertina.org/ica/index.php/news/37-spotted/161-the-concertina-book-of-music.

Should I zip the first part from http://www.juliettedaum.com/concertina.html as well?

Thanks, Alan.

I think you should, so the whole book is available.

Just sending you the last thirty or so pages for completion.

Not all of this site are members of the ICA Ruediger so please carry on putting it up on your site.

Many thanks for the prompt action from you both.

Please let me know everyone if you find the pages interesting

Al

ok, upload is now complete. There are 2 sets of files: On http://www.ruediger-asche.de/jdbook/ , there is a collection of 54 pages of tunes, and on http://www.ruediger-asche.de/jdbook/book2/ there are 28 pages of excercises, scales and so forth. Please let me know if anything is missing, but I don't hink so (Alan has strictly numbered the files consecutively).

I'll also try to get a single file version done asap; it's not that hard, but I'm behind schedule in my other tasks, so it may take a while.

Thanks again,

RAc

Thanks, Alan.

This link is coming up as an error

Al

I've uploaded the complete book in 2 parts: http://www.concertina.org/ica/index.php/news/37-spotted/161-the-concertina-book-of-music

Please let me know if anything is missing.

Very nicely presented. Many thanks

It is interesting that this is a concertina player's collection of concertina music from 1886.

It could be representative of what most were playing at that time. I notice that the music is all sheet music sold specifically for concertina players, so there must have been a market for it. The scales and exercises seem very advanced to me, which also points to a very high standard of playing.

Don't worry Mr Hayman we shall not forget you, thanks for the book.

The annoying thing is that I cannot remember where it came from.

We can all share it now

Thanks

Al

This is a nice collection. I've noticed that some of the pages are a bit underexposed (giving a grey background that is sometimes dark enough to be a problem)and that the jpg format is not the most convenient of formats. I might be able to clean up the hard work already done by others and turn the whole thing into a couple of fairly clean pdf files. I've got a pretty full plate at the moment, but would be willing to try to do this if there is enough interest in having it done and if someone can host the result.

Thanks for this Alan, and all those who have made it available online.

I've looked through it without concertina in hand and I'm equally wide-eyed and terrified by the whole thing. I can tell immediately that my music-reading skills are no match for all this lovely music, and my concertina playing skills aren't particularly close either. The exercises look daunting but extremely useful. I'm hoping that if I can master the exercises, then the music will follow.

How nice it is to pick up music which is beyond my own skills, but doesn't completely scare me off. The challenge now is to get myself to the point as a player where I can play the music and the exercises. How lovely that would be. A long way off, though, I think.

As a suggestion, it would be nice to have clearer versions of the scans that were already available. Perhaps Alan could photograph the rest of the book so that all the images are of equal quality.

I wonder, also, if the book from which the exercises (and preludes before them, maybe) have been extracted is available in full? I wonder what else is in it? Maybe an introduction, and other useful tips and tricks? Perhaps Jeremy has it in the ICA archives?