Recorded Tune Link Page.

Now I've made some Video compilation of my playing Baritone Jack Concertina.

May be it'll be useful for those, who want to test Jack before bying. Not only you can hear it, played by a beginner, but also see it, been played. 3 pieces in a row.

http://www.mediamax.com/mberenstein/Hosted...sting%20003.wmv

Very nice!

You make it look easy, but, I don't think I would play as smoothly! Sounds good.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I've made some Video compilation of my playing Baritone Jack Concertina.

May be it'll be useful for those, who want to test Jack before bying. Not only you can hear it, played by a beginner, but also see it, been played. 3 pieces in a row.

http://www.mediamax.com/mberenstein/Hosted...sting%20003.wmv

Very nice!

You make it look easy, but, I don't think I would play as smoothly! Sounds good.

Thanks.

I got some critique, that made me want to re-record the whole thing. Critique was correct though! Too uneven, without clear accents, too overloaded at places. Have to go back, simplify it and work on accentuation. That's easy to say...

I don't know what parts I'd call "overloaded." I thought it was very enjoyable, especially from someone fairly new to the instrument. I like the low notes especially! But I'll confess I don't like the way way you've phrased Hatikvah, the amount of swing you use (which implies to me bounce and fun) seems at odds with the plaintive melody.

Bravo Michael! I enjoyed all three offerings very much. As is said here in the Boston area, you spanked one out of Fenway.

Your phrasing was very nice as was the attention to dynamics. The instrument has a very pleasant sound.

Thanks.

I'd agree with Boney on bounce.

On to new hights, as they used to say in Politbureau.

Umm, hi, I noticed that the recording by Alan Day labeled "Mario Brothers" is actually Tetris.

~Terra

Are you kidding me?

How can a melody be Tetris or Mario Brothers? It's a Russian folk tune.

Then the Tetris theme is also a Russian folk tune. Who'da thought?

Actually it makes a lot of sense. Tetris was invented by a Russian - Alexey Pajitnov (who went on to become one of the most famous game designers in the world. I think even to this date Tetris holds the number one spot for the best selling and most played game ever).

-- Rich --

Actually it makes a lot of sense. Tetris was invented by a Russian - Alexey Pajitnov (who went on to become one of the most famous game designers in the world. I think even to this date Tetris holds the number one spot for the best selling and most played game ever).

-- Rich --

Interesting. The point is, it's not Mario Brothers.

Edited by Terra

According to Wikipedia:

"Music

* The theme tune used in the second (version 1.1) Game Boy edition of Tetris (Music A) has become very widely known, to the point that Level 20 in Tetris DS is based on the original Game Boy version of Tetris and uses that theme. (The only Retro presentation in Tetris DS to be based on a game boy game) It is a Russian folk tune called "Korobeiniki" or "Korobeyniki."

* Music A in the NES version is "Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy," a tune noted to be scene 14c of act two of The Nutcracker, which was composed by Tchaikovsky.

* Music B in the Tengen version is the Kalinka, a famous Russian song written by Ivan Petrovich Larionov

* Music C in the Game Boy version is an arrangement of Johann Sebastian Bach's French Suite No. 3 In B Minor, BWV 814, IV. Menuett - Trio."

According to Wikipedia:

"Music

* The theme tune used in the second (version 1.1) Game Boy edition of Tetris (Music A) has become very widely known, to the point that Level 20 in Tetris DS is based on the original Game Boy version of Tetris and uses that theme. (The only Retro presentation in Tetris DS to be based on a game boy game) It is a Russian folk tune called "Korobeiniki" or "Korobeyniki."

* Music A in the NES version is "Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy," a tune noted to be scene 14c of act two of The Nutcracker, which was composed by Tchaikovsky.

* Music B in the Tengen version is the Kalinka, a famous Russian song written by Ivan Petrovich Larionov

* Music C in the Game Boy version is an arrangement of Johann Sebastian Bach's French Suite No. 3 In B Minor, BWV 814, IV. Menuett - Trio."

All of the above noted composers are spinning in their coffins like fans.

Little wonder.

• 1 year later...

Had to dig deep before finding this thread... :( :(

Anyway... after more than 1 year of neglecting the RTLP, I had a look and did some maintenance. Broken links are indicated and I will try to find out why the links are broken and what kind of repair actions are possible.

The main reasons for having a look at the page was the request of Marien. He has uploaded two great tunes to the internet. Both are very different from the "normal" repertoire and are played on his new Wakker F/C Anglo.

My apologies to all those of you who I forgot. If you still have tunes somewhere on the web, let me know and I will place them on the RTLP.

• 1 month later...
Umm, hi, I noticed that the recording by Alan Day labeled "Mario Brothers" is actually Tetris.

~Terra

After a Christmas Weekend of listening to me Nephew playing on his Super Mario Brothers game the tune stuck in my head and our group GIGCB tried it for Circassion Circle and was fantastic for this dance.It was after it was posted on Henk's site that the real name of the tune was pointed out to me by a number of musicians. The tune is an exact copy of that issued by the computer game manufacturers. If it has caused writer to spin in his grave or upset you I suggest you take this up with the manufacturers.

Al