Sidmouth Approaches

Me, obviously, else I wouldn't have asked :)

Chris

I'll be there Chris. With regards from Helsinki Morrisers for "Mr Wilkins Shilling".

Also I'll have my cd "More Scratches . . . . . " with me.

Plus some instruments of course

Chas

I'll be there, she says (shyly). I've no doubt I shall, as usual be spending most of my time at the Volunteer (and elsewhere - like the Ballad Sessions) doing a bit of singing ... oh and I'll be giving a talk on Lucy Broadwood at the Arts Centre in the middle of the week (gulp!) .... but I've now been told that I have to "out" myself at the Radway over the first weekend at some point ... now that WILL be scarey :blink: . I've never set foot in there before, just walked past listening to the "musicians" .... after all, I didn't play anything did I ? (apart from guitar in the privacy of my own home) .... Hope you'll announce exactly when you're going to be down there, Alan, as I'd like to say "Hello" !

I'll be there, she says (shyly). I've no doubt I shall, as usual be spending most of my time at the Volunteer (and elsewhere - like the Ballad Sessions) doing a bit of singing ... oh and I'll be giving a talk on Lucy Broadwood at the Arts Centre in the middle of the week (gulp!) .... but I've now been told that I have to "out" myself at the Radway over the first weekend at some point ... now that WILL be scarey :blink: . I've never set foot in there before, just walked past listening to the "musicians" .... after all, I didn't play anything did I ? (apart from guitar in the privacy of my own home) .... Hope you'll announce exactly when you're going to be down there, Alan, as I'd like to say "Hello" !

Certainly will Irene.

As an X member of The Broadwood Morris Men I can inform you that Lucy is buried in Rusper Church which is directly on a lay line.but you probably know that.

I visited her grave many years ago ,the fact that the pub is directly opposite is just a coincidence.

I am sure that Chris will tell you that you have nothing to fear with The Radway the scene of many very late nights and a walk in daylight back to the camp site.

Happy days.

Al

As an X member of The Broadwood Morris Men I can inform you that Lucy is buried in Rusper Church which is directly on a lay line.but you probably know that.

I visited her grave many years ago ,the fact that the pub is directly opposite is just a coincidence.

I am sure that Chris will tell you that you have nothing to fear with The Radway the scene of many very late nights and a walk in daylight back to the camp site.

Happy days.

Al

Interesting Alan - I've been to the church more than once, and looked at the grave (and memorial in the church) ... so of course I knew that she was buried there ... but not that the church was on a ley line. Strange how pubs in that area of Surrey/Sussex always seem to be immediately opposite the church (or maybe not strange?)

Only kidding about the Radway being scarey ... it'll make a change ! Walk back to the camp site ?... perish the thought :lol: ... camping and me don't agree !!! As to late nights/early mornings ... I rather suspect I'll be spending those singing as usual ... but you never know ?

I'm sorry to say that I will not be in attendance at the Radway this year. Last year was great and I'll have to make do with happy memories.

Still, I will be at Bradfield, Mrs. Crotty, Whitby and Towersey. How about you Chris T. and all?

See you in The Radway, Chris. :) Rosie will be there as well.

Ace!

Chris I may pop down for a day with the English Int CDs (still on course for delivery by then ) are you at the Radway every lunchtime?

Pretty much. Save one for me!

I'll be there Chris. With regards from Helsinki Morrisers for "Mr Wilkins Shilling".

I'll pass them on, though MWS may be there on Sunday en mass, in which case you could pass them on yourself

but I've now been told that I have to "out" myself at the Radway over the first weekend at some point ... now that WILL be scarey :blink:

Well, as Alan says, we're not really scary. There was a day back in 1999 when Anne and I screwed up our courage and went and sat in a corner and tried not to be noticed. You can't jemmy us out now!

I have to give apologies for absence as I will be off to spend a week with my mum soon after

Ah, shame. Have fun anyway.

I'm sorry to say that I will not be in attendance at the Radway this year. Last year was great and I'll have to make do with happy memories.

Still, I will be at Bradfield, Mrs. Crotty, Whitby and Towersey. How about you Chris T. and all?

And double drat. Can never make it to Bradfield because it overlaps the end of Sidmouth. Maybe Mark will change his mind and move it to a more sensible date sometime, but until then I shall just have to feel regretful about it, then play another tune at the Radway and immediately feel better.

Chris

Well, as Alan says, we're not really scary. There was a day back in 1999 when Anne and I screwed up our courage and went and sat in a corner and tried not to be noticed. You can't jemmy us out now!

Chris

I did qualify myself later ... only joking . Mind you ... I hadn't anticipated the need to screw up courage... maybe I'd better rethink?? or come in disguise? :ph34r:

Me, hubby and our melodian friend will be in Sidmouth. Melodian friend really wants to have a go in a session so I think we may join him if only to have a pint and a listen. Didn't know you was in the Radway of an afternoon perhaps that will be a better time for us to pop in - will the English International CD be on sale in the Radway?

Only till next Thursday and then we are on our way - can't come soon enough! :)

Chris I may pop down for a day with the English Int CDs (still on course for delivery by then ) are you at the Radway every lunchtime?

Al

Alan,

I hope you can bring some copies into the WCCP workshops, each morning 4th-8th, at All Saints Church hall. I'm sure there will be quite a few of us wanting to get hold of a copy - and pay for for them of course!

Me, obviously, else I wouldn't have asked :)

Chris

WCCP workshops, as usual, scheduled for each morning from Monday to Thursday at All Saints Church hall -offering tuition for beginners plus band workshops for intermediate and advance players.

An alternative to the Radway is the Sidmouth Sailing Club of an evening. Concentrates more on the "core" English repertoire, and can sometimes suffer badly from shaky egg syndrome, nevertheless I have friends who swear by this session and go to their reunion in April.

Chris