Editing Profile

:unsure: Okay, I'll be brave and start a new topic instead of just tacking on to one already going. I keep putting in my location - Cleveland, Ohio. And it, I think, is not going in. Am I doing something wrong. Or is this boycotting because of the origin of the blackout? Do I have to say I'm from somewhere else? I think Toronto would be nice.

I keep putting in my location - Cleveland, Ohio. And it, I think, is not going in. Am I doing something wrong.

Helen-

After typing the name of a random favorite city, be sure to hit the "Amend Profile" button at the bottom. That should update the info.

I keep putting in my location - Cleveland, Ohio. And it, I think, is not going in. Am I doing something wrong.

Helen-

After typing the name of a random favorite city, be sure to hit the "Amend Profile" button at the bottom. That should update the info.

Sorry David, I lost my reply. Probably will come again somewhere else.

Anyway, thank you. And may I say that I hear that the avatars are exact likenesses. (Ok, that makes me a dog, but you however ...

• 6 months later...

Ok, I have been trying to update my profile. I login, go to my controls, enter the updated info, click on the button to amend profile. I think I am doing everything right, but I get an error message every time, and the profile is not updated.

I sent an email to the admistrators, but have not received a reply, I know they are busy.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks,

Joyce :(

Ok, I have been trying to update my profile..., but I get an error message every time, and the profile is not updated.

Saw your message, so I decided to check it out.

I experieince the same problem. The error message is, "Authorization mismatch...," which suggests to me that something global was set wrong during the recent software update.

I think we'll have to wait for Paul or Ken to sort this one out.

When did you email me? I usually get stuff pretty quick, whether through the system or on my private line, though the latter sometimes gets backed up. (alimentary mail).

Will check it, though it may be a day or two -- I have a busy business trip coming up.

Yeah, I am trying to update my profile. I did manage to adjust my signature the other day, but, now, I get the following:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method.

Something's not quite working, I guess.

Thanks for the replies. Paul has emailed me, but was quite puzzled about the problem. I replied to him and reported what computer system I use.

Since others have encountered the same problem, I will assume I was using the correct procedure to edit my profile and hope the malfunction is corrected soon.

Joyce B)