Concertina Connection Is Relocating To The Usa

As of February 15, the Concertina Connection is relocating to the USA.

After a long, time consuming process, we’re just about ready to move back to the USA. It will be our 4th and last time in 22 years that we cross the Atlantic…

For the people on our waiting lists, there will be no financial negative effect. We’ll pick up the extra cost caused by our move. If you have any further questions, just email me.

As of January 1st, all our prices have been converted to US$, with the exception of the concertina parts and music publications. These will be converted later (Paypal problems..).

We will be closed during most of February and will open again for restorations only on March 1st. At this moment our schedule is pretty open…If you have an instrument in need of work, and don’t want to wait a long time.. this is your chance.

We’ve made 77 Wakker concertinas in the Netherlands. The last one with the ‘Helmond, Netherlands’ label is a metal ended W-A1, going to…the USA. No. 0878 will be the first one with the Valleyford, WA label.

See our site for our new address.

Wim Wakker

Concertina Connection (v.o.f.)

I can't wait! I haven't been able to justify an order of the A1 due to the exchange rate, but i'll be heading for the order as soon as you are settled. I grew up about 50 miles from Waterford so it'll be an excuse to head up to the old country. I wish you all the best in your move. peace in 2008. wes

Guess i got a little too excited there. The prices have been adjusted to reflect the exchange rate, but for the quality and the reviews i've read, well worth it! Besides, i might get to try one before i buy it... wes.

So sad for the Europe, but good luck in USA !

Is-it possible for your european customers that you indicate a aproximative price in euros ? Because, it's not really usefull to us to convert.

And don't forget the import duties and VAT you'll pay when importing from US.

Thanks everyone.

I noticed that some people think that our move will make our instruments/restorations more expensive for european customers….This is NOT true. In fact, for most European countries it can be cheaper to buy an instrument from outside the EC than from within...

I won’t go into the ‘fascinating’ details, but it has to do with European national VAT rates, import fees, possible tax deductions and the exchange rate. We’ll take care of the import/export paperwork for customers outside the USA….

Wim Wakker

Concertina Connection v.o.f.

Wim,

Good luck from your move. I am not sure how good it will be for my wallet though. The poor dollar/euro rate (for Americans that is), has been one of the things that have kept me from ordering one. One step closer. Sigh to many concertinas, not enough money :). Suttner, Wakker, Wheatstone, Dipper, Thomas, Carroll, etc... all I want is one of each... Is that so unreasonable? :)

On the bright side, it bring another affordable instrument to American shores.

Cheer up Europe, you still have Suttner, Dipper and Wheatstone, I hardly think you are lacking for great concertina makers :).

--

Bill

Mr. Wakker,

How does this affect someone in the US who is interested in ordering a new Jack? Should we continue to go thru your US dealers or order direct from you now?

Thanks much from a soon-to-be new concertina player!

Scott Baumann

Sun Prairie, WI