Where Is Henk?

Hi Friends!

I'm very much alive and squeezing! Circumstances have led to changing priorities and as a result my presence on the forum was reduced to almost zero during the last months. My overall concertina-activities are at least on the same level, maybe even higher. Much more time is spent to play together with other musicians, find good tunes and study them.

Yes, Jody, Mark and Alan, you are right. The last half year was focussed on holidays (3 !!), grandchildren (5 now and still growing) and playing in a group and several other musical combinations.

So, I'm having a great time, but forgot to tell you about it. I'm sorry for that :(

Thanks to Chris for waking me up and thanks for this thread. I now know that as a C.Net member, you'll never get lost. ;)

Hi Henk, glad you are back.

Rhomylly, please email me. I have been sick again and now am desparately looking for another job. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Hi all. Keep on squeezin'.

Thanks for the email Alan.

Helen, we all will.

Indeed. And nice to hear from Henk again.

I've been away all this year, due to moving house, and starting long distance commuting to a new job. However, things are getting better now and I hope to be able to join in again.

I play English system and have three or four tunes on Henk's recorded music page who also kindly included videos of my friend Barry (here known as "bazza") who plays Anglo and English exceedingly well.

I now live in East Sussex which has a vibrant folk music scene - even to the extent of having a concertina workshop at the Lewes Arms pub on the first Monday of every month. Weekend after next I will be privilieged to hear Mary Humphrey's and Anahata who throw in concertina duets into their sets , and also Dave Townsend at Lewes Arms folk club. Concertina heaven.

Tom Cunliffe

Edited by Tom C

I now live in East Sussex which has a vibrant folk music scene - even to the extent of having a concertina workshop at the Lewes Arms pub on the first Monday of every month.

Were you in the Ali Anderson workshop there on the tunes of Will Atkinson a couple of weeks back? Anne and I were hiding at the very back of the room.

Chris

ICA footnote: The same day was the ICA AGM, at the conclusion of which I found (rather to my surprise) I had volunteered once again to join the committee, which means I am now the noisiest of the committee currently on the forum ...