"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (now w dropbox link for music files)

Here is my arrangement on Treble English concertina. Somewhere over the Rainbow (1939) Music by Harold Arlen (song lyrics were by Yip Harburg). The original version, way too long and way too many hokey lyrics was rejected by MGM, but when they needed a filler, they cut the song down to what became the Judy Garland classic. I am including a YouTube link. 

SEE MORE AT THIS DROPBOX LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/i5lofidbbd1yjobp9n9g0/AG3cvIuctpmyNHXehpLB9qw?rlkey=69a5q3urtcv1j4uk1s83do1bi&dl=0

---Matt  

Edited by Matthew Heumann
added link, amended title & text
  • Like 6

• Matthew Heumann changed the title to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" & (need help with attachments)

Hey, Matt—

I can’t answer your attachments question, but perhaps you didn’t know that you can make the video appear here in your post by just typing (or pasting) the url as plain text without trying to turn it into a link.

You may be out of space. Each user gets a relatively meager amount of storage for attachments, which is completely reasonable for the purpose of keeping down the costs for hosting the forum.

You can check your available space here: https://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?/attachments/

Most users deal with this by hosting files elsewhere and linking to them. I've used Google Drive and Photos for this in the past.

• Like 1

David: I put a link to YouTube because I thought it might use less allotted attachment memory, I was wrong.

Steve: You were correct-- I have apparently used ALL my allotted attachment allowance.

SO, If anyone would like the pdf, midi, musicxml, or xml of "Over The Rainbow", just message me with you email and I will send it pronto.

Apologies for the screw-up,

---Matt   :(

5 minutes ago, Matthew Heumann said:

Steve: You were correct-- I have apparently used ALL my allotted attachment allowance.

FWIW, I used up all my attachment allowance decades ago (I have been on concertina.net for a long time, since before the switch to Invision) but lately I find I can still post images.

I upload to YT first then ‘share’ from there to here and elsewhere. Cnet tells me I have used 0% of my attachment allowance…. Don’t know if this helps?… probably not with the other media types…

Edited by vpo

5 minutes ago, vpo said:

I upload to YT first then ‘share’ from there to here and elsewhere. Cnet tells me I have used 0% of my attachment allowance

Correct. The video appears here but is not actually resident on the server. All the data is at youtube. Same for images that display here based on a url. Only attachments that you physically upload to concertina.net count against your allowance.

' I tried to attach files as usual in pdf, midi, musicxml, and xml formats, but this time the site says I have apparently used ALL my allotted attachment allowance.'

It makes sense to put these on another site, Dropbox, box.com and places like that,  and insert a to  link them. Same as for inserting video or images.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Laban said:

' I tried to attach files as usual in pdf, midi, musicxml, and xml formats, but this time the site says I have apparently used ALL my allotted attachment allowance.'

It makes sense to put these on another site, Dropbox, box.com and places like that,  and insert a to  link them. Same as for inserting video or images.

If you are trying to link to external files its worth remembering that you need them to be on a secure site (starting https:). So I can't link to anything on my website since its only http:  which is understandable for the security for this site.

I've used dropbox reliably for many years, and you get 2GB of storage for free. When you get the link for your file from dropbox it will end dl=0 which means dropbox will try to display it , but if you change the address ending to dl=1 it will enable it to be downloadable.

Edited by wes williams

• Matthew Heumann changed the title to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (now w dropbox link for music files)