Does anyone get this joke?

Someone found this online, obviously a joke (pun?) of some sort, but he couldn’t make heads or tails of it and sent it to me, hoping I might make sense of it.

Nope.

The scale, from F to F using the notes of a Db major (or Bb minor) scale could also be called an F phrygian scale. I can’t think of any puns using the scale and any of the words on the labels or other applicable words except to try to work with the fact that we’re looking at a shelf in the fridge (“phryg”), but that doesn’t involve the two featured products, so it’s probably a red herring.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

joke.thumb.jpg.d14afea7b09b43fa6c9ce0406f0b6c6a.jpg

I'd guess it is just the simple that joke "Phrygian starting with F" would be "Fridge-ian" and the particular food items which were used to hold up the piece of paper aren't important; they were just what happened to be at the front of the shelf.

7 hours ago, David Barnert said:

That’s another joke, right? I don’t see anything in the Wikipedia article that suggests anything in the picture.

No, it is simpler than that: If you read the staff not as written out notes but instead of a sequence of b's and o's, you end up with "O-bo-bo-boo-bo-boo", and I googled the net for a sequence like that. I couldn't find exactly that, the one I found was the closest match. Again, a complete shot in the dark, sorry for the noise.

Is there anything in the original post that suggest multi dimenosionality, or donwe read too much into it? Maybe the chosen food items themselves are not related to the pun at all.

11 hours ago, RAc said:

Maybe something along those lines:

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - Wikipedia

Just a shot in the dark, though.

I think this unlikely - manga is almost unheard of in Britain and this is clearly a British 'fridge.

8 hours ago, Tradewinds Ted said:

I'd guess it is just the simple that joke "Phrygian starting with F" would be "Fridge-ian" and the particular food items which were used to hold up the piece of paper aren't important; they were just what happened to be at the front of the shelf.

I'd go with this.

I reckon it's a still from one of those TV ads which include an irrelevant feature to introduce a "wtf" reaction from viewers which is probably more memorable than the crap they're peddling. Supermarket ALDI (or their advertising agency) in Australia is very fond of this idea, and they are not alone. 

In Oz, we have a TV panel show called The Gruen Transfer, which examines, critically and humorously, product advertising, and this sort of campaign is featured regularly. Well worth a look on GooTube to see the latest (and the oldest) marketing tricks.