English tenor wanted

Little John

Does anyone have a high quality English tenor concertina they would be willing to sell me?

I'm looking to replace my Wheatstone baritone. I acquired it by chance rather than design. Given that my other English is a bass there's more overlap than is sensible; I can play both at the same pitch but to move up an octave on the baritone means a change of fingering. A tenor would complement the bass perfectly - same fingering but sounding an octave higher.

Happy to consider a swap or part-exchange, but I'm not parting with the baritone until I find a suitable tenor.

Little John.

I have a 35 key Lachenal currently in Bb which can be easily sorted into F if needed , it has been fully overhauled with everything replaced with new components. price if you are interested is £1500.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Des, does this image match your Crabb tenor?

The note aligned with the thumb strap is the F below middle C.

However, it is a standard tenor, not what is often referred to as an F tenor, where notes have been moved from the standard pattern.

Crabb tenor LH.JPG

11 minutes ago, Little John said:

Do you mean aligned with the centre of the thumb strap? So the button aligned with the top of the thumb strap is middle C?

Yes - sorry. Re-reading the post I replied to, I realise there is a difference. My apologies.

• Thanks 1