57 minutes ago, JOHN LOOBY said:

I'm designing a Baritone C/G concertina and find a missing key on your Piano (C2).  Probably a lot more if it was a base concertina.

Hi John, at the moment, Anglo Piano is only set up to support the tunings in the treble range (lowest supported note is D2). I do plan to add support for lower tunings eventually. For the time being, if you're finding Anglo Piano useful, you could transpose your layout up an octave as you work on it.

The technical reason for the current limitation is that I wanted to support encoding a layout in a URL so it would be shareable without a database. I had just enough characters to do that for the treble range (A-Z, a-z, 0-9). I have a workaround that I'm planning to implement later this year.

Thanks for mentioning this—always nice to know how people are using it!

• 5 months later...

Hi Luke,

it's Actually Hilda Dedic here (I'm the concertina player in our house) I have a jeffries duet which I think would be useful to transcribe so I can play it sensibly. (I mainly play an gd anglo 39 by Neville Crabb)

Can I add it to your list of layouts if I work it all out or do you want to keep it just for anglos?

1 hour ago, IanD said:

Hi Luke,

it's Actually Hilda Dedic here (I'm the concertina player in our house) I have a jeffries duet which I think would be useful to transcribe so I can play it sensibly. (I mainly play an gd anglo 39 by Neville Crabb)

Can I add it to your list of layouts if I work it all out or do you want to keep it just for anglos?

If you need a note chart Nick Robertshaw's layout for a C core box is at at the Concertina Library

1 hour ago, IanD said:

You can set one up for your own use and copy/save the link. Use the link whenever you need to access your setup. Paste the link in this thread (if you like) for others to use. It won’t change what’s built into the web page.

4 hours ago, IanD said:

Hi Luke,

Hi Hilda,

As David said, if you transcribe your layout, you can get a link to paste here. The layout should stay in your layout dropdown menu without you needing to do anything (if you ever clear your cookies/cache, it will be deleted, so it's a good idea to save the link either here or in your bookmarks).

If you're asking about including it in the big list of Anglo layouts, I actually included several non-Anglo layouts in the "just for fun" section, so by all means, send it on over!