Greg Jowaisas

I had a few requests to do a concertina pyramid. I've been reluctant to take time out from the repair bench while still needing to finish a couple of instruments and cases before the New Year. Here are a couple of quickly staged and taken shots of the "concertina family gathering" with a couple of close ups.

You may recognize a couple of baritone englishes; a 50s Wheatstone Bb anglo; a rare New Model with special fret work; a "Voice of God" 81b MacCann duet; a Jones? miniature anglo; and a piccolo Ab/Eb semi-miniature. A few are just about ready to go. Others will be ready the first half of next year. You are more than welcome to personal message me for a list or ask questions. You can also email: gjowaisas (type@) twc.com

I hope all my concertina friends and friends of cnet have a wonderful holiday! Back to the workbench for me.

Best,

Greg

PS. The Salvation Army "concertina angel" tops the pyramid.

Thanks, Doug. This time the tree did not fall over!

Blue-eyed sailor, its a Lachenal rosewood baritone with corner florets. Is that an "Inimitable"? Very nice, responsive instrument which needs some fine tuning and set up. I need to look at the serial #. There is also a Model 10A Wheatstone baritone which is finished. Serial #28615 circa 1920

John, the 64b is a Model 19A Wheatstone tenor/extended treble Aeola #31547 circa 1927. Tenor 'C' to top 'g'.

Greg

Yes, an "Unimitable" then. Would be missing the "long scale reeds" as a treble, but with the baritone range we seem to enter unknown territory anyways. They thus do exist..., incredible, would love to at least try it out (which won't be happening, pity!).

Thank you for the reply however Greg, something to dream of it is for sure...!

Best wishes - Wolf

...I thought pyramid selling is now banned. Tell that to an ancient Egyptian, however!

Chris, has an ancient Egyptian been trying to sell you a pyramid?

If you haven't yet closed the deal, may I interest you in an alternative purchase, one more suitable to modern artistic tastes? It's a lovely bridge in Brooklyn, New York. :)

...I thought pyramid selling is now banned. Tell that to an ancient Egyptian, however!

Chris, has an ancient Egyptian been trying to sell you a pyramid?

If you haven't yet closed the deal, may I interest you in an alternative purchase, one more suitable to modern artistic tastes? It's a lovely bridge in Brooklyn, New York. :)

Fortunately, Jim, no one has tried to sell me a pyramid, not even as a deluxe resting place for when I expire, though someone did try to sell me London Bridge some years ago. I quickly realised it was a scam and since then I have been very wary of people offering me bridges for sale and cut price Jefferies anglos too, for that matter. Thanks for the offer though. I am sure it is a lovely bridge, but where would I put it?

Chris

I just want to say, you will not go wrong if Greg J. sells you a refurbished Tina. I recently adopted one of Greg's 62b Wheatstone Maccann Aeolas and could not be happier. Great guy to converse with too. Unfortunately Santa didn't bring me the 81b. I could use the workout after all the Christmas cookies. I must have been naughty.

It will take a bit more practicing, but maybe I'll be able to post a few Hymms by next Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

Irishballadeer