Jody's New Cd

You haven't lived until you've had the full Hot Meat experience:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61700296/index.html

Illustrated by the incomparable Bill Brown of the Foggy Bottom Morris Men. This was reconstructed from the browser cache of an old laptop after Nick passed away and his website was shut down. As far as I know, it doesn't exist anywhere else.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't lived until you've had the full Hot Meat experience:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61700296/index.html

Illustrated by the incomparable Bill Brown of the Foggy Bottom Morris Men. This was reconstructed from the browser cache of an old laptop after Nick passed away and his website was shut down. As far as I know, it doesn't exist anywhere else.

There's a full recording on the unreleased ' a night with big nick' CD, recorded in his barn.

Nice animations there. Very droll. I especially liked the gravy baster squirting away with every squeeze of the ball. My oh my... what were they thinking?

Being curious I took a stroll down to Big Nick's Night at this location:

http://rememberbignick.pbworks.com/w/page/10496931/A%20Night%20with%20Big%20Nick

and listened again to most of it. Really great stuff. I especially liked the Hell Ship and the Tailor's Britches. I haven't heard this since back when Nick passed on. What a voice! What a box!

Edited by Jody Kruskal

Whatever it's called, it's gonna be great. I have all Jody's CDs - in fact, I started playing contra dance music by studying his "Grand Picnic" cassette tape many years ago, when it first came out. Replaced with a CD, which was replaced with another when the cat puked on it.

Just a small update on my recording sessions for this new CD. Everything is pretty much done with the recording part except that there are a handful of chorus songs and I've thought that it might sound nice if I were not the only one singing the choruses. Along those lines, I've asked a few of my local singing friends to come by and join me. We'll see how that goes. Wish me luck with this last minute addition to the mayhem!

Just a small update on my recording sessions for this new CD. Everything is pretty much done with the recording part except that there are a handful of chorus songs and I've thought that it might sound nice if I were not the only one singing the choruses. Along those lines, I've asked a few of my local singing friends to come by and join me. We'll see how that goes. Wish me luck with this last minute addition to the mayhem!

Jody, the way you phrased this reminds me of the ending of the Brunching Shuttlecocks' "Bjork Song" (which has no concertina, but *is* a non-traditional love song).

The cat puked on my music? What an endorsement! I'm honored. Your cat has good taste.

That's nothing, an earlier cat peed on my suit on the way to my wedding (I was rushing him to the vet just before the wedding because of a bladder blockage that miraculously ended in the car). I was, shall we say, a little ripe smelling throughout the ceremony.

The cat puked on my music? What an endorsement! I'm honored. Your cat has good taste.

That's nothing, an earlier cat peed on my suit on the way to my wedding (I was rushing him to the vet just before the wedding because of a bladder blockage that miraculously ended in the car). I was, shall we say, a little ripe smelling throughout the ceremony.

And did you fetch that beast back later on? :unsure:

And did you fetch that beast back later on? :unsure:

Actually, yes, and he went on to live 20 more years, hating me every day of his wretchedly long life.

...I was rushing him to the vet just before the wedding....

...and he went on to live 20 more years, hating me every day of his wretchedly long life.

For displacing him as the most significant other in your life? B)

I'd doubt that he had enough reason to fancy himself as such previously... :D

Hi

The picture of the finely drawn concertina submitted by John Wild was drawn by Doug Katagiri, and appeared as a centrefold to Issue No. 13 of Concertina and Squeezebox 1986. At the time the editorial comment was made that "it's just not right that a woman should have to flaunt a bright, sexy little Aeola treble English just to get somebody to notice her." It will be noticed that the new improved uniform was not universally adopted.

Cheers. Les Branchett