Tunes Of The Month For August, 2014: White Joak, Polka De L'ase

Jim Besser

Jim, Jody and Tona -- are you guys recording in stereo?

I'm hearing more bass in one ear than the other, and it's a nice separation of the melody from accompaniment.

I am, on a Zoom H2N.

Where in NoVa are you? Send me your email address and I'll put you on the list for our periodic squeeze ins, held at my house in Annandale.

By the way thanks Jim for the choice of "polka de l'ase" for this month. I have fun to play it on concertina because I usually play it on a vintage accordion with three medium and a very very strong vibrato!...

Here is a very short sample of "french touch" with accordion, banjo, violin and cabrette (french auvergnat pipe)

polka de l'ase C.net.mp3

I will try to find a moment to record also a couple of bourrées d'auvergne for the theme of the month "3"..

By the way thanks Jim for the choice of "polka de l'ase" for this month. I have fun to play it on concertina because I usually play it on a vintage accordion with three medium and a very very strong vibrato!...

Here is a very short sample of "french touch" with accordion, banjo, violin and cabrette (french auvergnat pipe)

attachicon.gifpolka de l'ase C.net.mp3

I will try to find a moment to record also a couple of bourrées d'auvergne for the theme of the month "3"..

Thanks for introducing me to this tune.

My band The Squeezers are now working on an arrangement of this tune for English and Anglo concertina and melodeon.

• 5 weeks later...