For Sale: Morse 'geordie' Tenor English In Pristine Condition

david robertson

I don't normally have anything to do with modern hybrid concertinas, but in this case I just had to make an exception. Made in Massachusetts by the late Rich Morse, it is a little over two and a half years old, but the previous owner tells me that the only time it has been out of its fitted hard case was when he checked it over on delivery. What's more, I have absolutely no difficulty in believing him. It is in unmarked, pristine condition, as if it emerged from the Morse workshop yesterday.

The current price for this model in the UK is £2600. If you're looking for a good tenor, this is your opportunity to acquire one in immaculate, as-new condition, with no waiting. And, at £1850, to save £750 on the new price.

Edited by david robertson

• 4 weeks later...

I remember when Rich called me to tell me how pleased he was with the sound of the new tenor. It exceeded his expectations. Named after his son, I think the instrument captured some of his unmatched spirit. I miss him greatly. Fortunately, his partners Doug and Bob are carrying on Rich's legacy and adding their own.

Dana Johnson

i have one with a TAM reed option....price for that was quite reasonable. very pleased with it. unhappy that its overall lung power is about par with a brass-reeded wood-end concertina rather than what i need it to be, i.e.--lung power of a steel-reeded wood-end concertina. but other than that, enjoying it very much...shopping for a loud, bright metal-ended Tenor or TT but wish to keep the Geordie regardless...

Edited by ceemonster

Last time I tried one of these was during my visit to the button-box a few years ago...

I must admit that I was quite surprised about it's dynamic range and it's light but precise action, when I played David's instrument two days ago!! A great little box - not just for tango...

This certainly is a good chance to buy a perfectly fine tenor at a fraction of the price of a vintage-instrument ( I am lucky to own two 48-key tenor-Aeolas;-)

[[( I am lucky to own two 48-key tenor-Aeolas;-)]] sigh. my dream EC. i'll take a TT if the tone/price are right, but the Tenor 48 is the dream. they're just too scarce, the prices get jacked up accordingly. thinking of ordering new, but wavering. haven't decided which way to jump on this.

I'm just back from Chris Algar's new place. I had been looking for a specific ME TT ( 31.xxx, closed ends, not so loud ) for a long time. He had about a dozen quite different ME TT Aeolas for me to try - and I finally found the perfect one for me!!

My ME tenor came up at ebay a few years ago, but it wasn't described as a tenor. I was the lucky one to notice;-). It was custom-made for Alf Edwards ;-)