A New Toy For Ec Players (my Chord Chart)

I have debated over posting this, but, since I'm already considered nuts, I guess it doesn't matter.

I have this chord chart of sorts that I made for myself, for English concertina, so if you want to figure it out it's at http://concertina.bellowbelle.com/chordlist.pdf

Right now it's just a PDF but I can maybe get it in my files as .html, in which case it would be http://concertina.bellowbelle.com/chordlist.html

This is stuff I create because I want to see it, but, I realize that it may seem a bit weird to anyone else.

I've tried to print it out and it only seems to print about 2/3 rds of it.Is it my printer or does it do this to your PC too ?

I've tried to print it out and it only seems to print about 2/3 rds of it.Is it my printer or does it do this to your PC too ?

It prints more than that for me, but still cuts off some. That's a common problem with printing from browsers. But since it's a JPEG image, you can download it, then load it into a photo editor (MS Photo Editor will do), and print it from there.

1) To download in MS Internet Explorer (might be the same in other browsers, but I'm not sure), right click on the picture, then select Save Picture As, then select the directory where you want to save it, and click Save.

2) To print the diagram once you've loaded it into MS Photo Editor (I hope this is the same for all versions; mine isn't the latest), open the File menu (ALT-F, or use the mouse), select Print (P), then make sure the Fit to Page box is checked and the Allow Distortion box is not, and make sure the image reflects this. To be sure of the latter, you may have to click twice on one of the check boxes: at least when I try it, it starts with Fit to Page checked but not shown (and not actually enabled), but if I uncheck it and check it again it all works right.

3) If you need help with other software, I'm sure somebody else can help. :)

By the way, while I think the Meredith chord charts are excellent, they are incomplete, leaving out chords where 2 of the 3 notes are in one of the outer rows. While some of those aren't simple major or minor (Bb+, and others more "complex"), others are (Ab, Eb, F#m, C#m, G#m).

Maybe I should add a bit of explanation (which hopefully won't complicate things any further...) :rolleyes:

First, I made two 'brick-wall' types of graphs for buttons, one for Sharps and one for Flats. These are PDFs in my files at http://concertina.bellowbelle.com -- they begin as GraphFlats... and GraphSharps... -- etc..

Then, based on the button patterns that I find I most often use to form chords or harmony, I came up with four patterns (there are probably more). (Some of the same IS what is covered by the other chart(s) mentioned in this thread.)

Considering two hands and the 'mirror image' that one pattern forms per side, you get pattern 1A and 1B for left, and pattern 1A and 1B for right, etc..

My 'chart' (or, list of chords with .jpg diagram) is based all on VISUAL placement. In other words, moving the same finger pattern up and down and seeing what chord is formed.

There are a few spots where there's a slight shift in exactly where the finger is placed , but only because of how the buttons are laid out. In other words, some of the patterns, in spots, are not 'perfect,' but it becomes clear what is the obvious intention.

So...there IS a method to my madness!! HA! :blink:

Edited by bellowbelle

...as its magnified from a thumb-nail its very fuzzy...

Thumbnail? What thumbnail? You should be able to view and print the same full-resolution image as your browser displays. And you should be able to print from the full-size view. (I have to admit that I don't know Photo Printing Wizard, but if it prints all photos that way, it can't be very popular. I suspect you've overlooked something.)

• 4 years later...

the links don't work with my PC Anyone else having the same problem?

Same with me, can´t open bellowbelle´s files - none of them.

Look at the prior dates in the thread.

My guess is that in the intervening 4+ years Wendy has moved the files.

Why not send her a PM to ask how to get current copies?