Good mobile concertina bag

I use a shoulder bag for camera by mobile concertina bag. This bag is semi-hard case.

It can hold 2 concertina. I usually used this bag for travel to bring my 51-key Jeffries duet.

Do you have good mobile bag for concertina? :)

P.S. I had experience I brought my Mac Classic II in shoulder bag. :D

It's important for me to stay with my lover eternally. B)

wakasaobama

post-979-0-73492100-1310792106_thumb.jpg

post-979-0-58421800-1310792159_thumb.jpg

post-979-0-67462400-1310792188_thumb.jpg

Edited by wakasaobama

Excellent way to carry two at once!

Since the hard square wooden case for my Anglo is just too bulky to carry, I use a padded cooler bag with strap from Walmart, cost about $7. In a pinch, I can also use it to keep a six-pack cold. Hmmm, which is more important - concertina or cold beer? Might have to invest a second $7!

Gary

Since the hard square wooden case for my Anglo is just too bulky to carry, I use a padded cooler bag with strap from Walmart, cost about $7. In a pinch, I can also use it to keep a six-pack cold. Hmmm, which is more important - concertina or cold beer? Might have to invest a second $7!

Gary

Dear Gary

Your mobile concertina bag is really cool :lol: and light!

When I packed my concertina in the bag, I wraped concertina into soft A4 size case. It looks like wraped boneless hum. So, the concertina is unmoved in the bag. And the bag just fit middle size concertina by the soft pad of the case wall.

The bag can bring concertinas into flight cabin and by bicycle.

p.s. Dear Gary, thank you teach me the existence of Jeffries duet concertina. I was interested in Jeffries duet by your and Big Nick's words. I really enjoy to play Jeffries duet. :)

wakasaobama

Edited by wakasaobama

Hi Wakasaobama,

I like your bag very much and would like to get one like that for myself. Do you know the maker/brand? Model # or name of the bag? A link to buy one on line? I notice a name and web address sewn into the bag in your photos, but I can't quite read what it says.

Thanks.

Edited by Jody Kruskal

Hi Wakasaobama,

I like your bag very much and would like to get one like that for myself. Do you know the maker/brand? Model # or name of the bag? A link to buy one on line? I notice a name and web address sewn into the bag in your photos, but I can't quite read what it says.

Thanks.

Hello, Jody

maker name: Lowepro

model: Flipside 300

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Flipside-300,2083,14.htm

wakasaobama

P.S. Please report when you will buy it. :D

Caution!!! The bag is easy to hook on the wall.

Once I forgot the bag at the restaurant wall about 5 minutes... :o

Please hold the bag always in your hands... :)

Edited by wakasaobama

I'm now into my second 'vanity case'. Both were purchased in charity shops. They are often originally produced as part of a matching set of suitcases. To buy new they are quite expensive, but only £3-£5 second-hand. The case is semi-hard and lined with 'envelopes' of teddy-bear fur (from a haberdashery) stuffed with bubble-wrap. These will be reused if/when the case wears out. The case has a shoulder-strap which makes me feel more secure as my big fear is leaving the 'tina behind somewhere. I've only once been asked if it contains make-up!

Hi Wakasaobama,

Thanks.

Hello, Jody

maker name: Lowepro

model: Flipside 300

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Flipside-300,2083,14.htm

wakasaobama

P.S. Please report when you will buy it. :D

Caution!!! The bag is easy to hook on the wall.

Once I forgot the bag at the restaurant wall about 5 minutes... :o

Please hold the bag always in your hands... :)

Thanks Wakasaobama, I'm a bit worried that my large concertina will not fit. It is 6.7" inches across. The specs. say that the interior is 5.4. How big is your large box from side to side?

Size(Interior):

9.1W X 5.4D X 15.9H in./

23 X 13.8 X 40.5 cm

Size(Exterior):

10.2W X 6.9D X 17.5H in./

25.8 X 17.4 X 44.5 cm

I'm now into my second 'vanity case'. I've only once been asked if it contains make-up!

Hello. frogspaum,

When I used concertina box case without made by wood, one of the most ploblems was "the strange eyes :ph34r: from ladies".The reason is probably the concertina box case looks like 'vanity case'. They may think "Why has he vanity case? :blink: Does he have a desire to wear womans clothes? :ph34r: But he doesn't befit womans clothe like Boy George... <_< " This may be not my paranoiac. Actually, when I opened the wheastone box (check pattern), a woman said "I think why do you have 'vanity case'. before opening box. :huh:

Edited by wakasaobama

I'm now into my second 'vanity case'. I've only once been asked if it contains make-up!

When I used concertina box case without made by wood, one of the most ploblems was "the strange eyes :ph34r: from ladies". The reason is probably the concertina box case looks like 'vanity case'. They may think "Why has he vanity case?

For some years while I was living in New York City I had a concertina case that resembled the small tool boxes used by workers for the local telephone and electric companies. More than once as I walked down the street some absolute stranger would start cursing at me, assuming that I worked for one of those utility companies and that I was therefore responsible for some problem they were having with their service or bills. :o B)

Thanks Wakasaobama, I'm a bit worried that my large concertina will not fit. It is 6.7" inches across. The specs. say that the interior is 5.4. How big is your large box from side to side?

Dear Jody, :)

The bag can pack two Jeffries Duets(51Key type).(see photo)

One Jeffries Duet size is 16.7(hight)x19.3(angle to angle)x21.5(include bellows)cm

wakasaobama

post-979-0-52645100-1311074002_thumb.jpg

Edited by wakasaobama

I use a shoulder bag for camera by mobile concertina bag. This bag is semi-hard case.

It can hold 2 concertina. I usually used this bag for travel to bring my 51-key Jeffries duet.

Do you have good mobile bag for concertina? :)

P.S. I had experience I brought my Mac Classic II in shoulder bag. :D

It's important for me to stay with my lover eternally. B)

wakasaobama

Nice. But what about padding? Don't you worry about getting the instrument dinged up? Or does the bag contain some high density foam?

Nice. But what about padding? Don't you worry about getting the instrument dinged up? Or does the bag contain some high density foam?

Dear Jim, :)

This is sholder bag for camera, so the sholder bag's walls like "shell" and made by soft pads.

And this bag is just size for my Jeffries duet.

As like photo, the concertina was unmoved by concertina's wood ends between back and forward sholder backs walls.

I think no problem without using by running. :lol:

wakasaobama

And this bag is just size for my Jeffries duet.

A duet I know well! Just spent a weekend with the person who sold it to you.

Thanks for the info.

Gary

I'm still cracking up about this bag. It makes perfect sense to me--and appeals to my practical side. Altho, thinking on it, here is Wisconsin you would be more likely to lose your cooler bag full of beers than your concertina being stolen--I do believe! The teens that would steal a cooler bag full of concertina would be very "miffed".....(thinking of other words..) ;) Michelle

Dear Jody, :)

The bag can pack two Jeffries Duets(51Key type).(see photo)

One Jeffries Duet size is 16.7(hight)x19.3(angle to angle)x21.5(include bellows)cm

wakasaobama

Dear wakasaobama,

My concertina is a scant 5 mm higher than yours so I'm guessing that it will be a snug fit. I ordered one today and I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks for the tip.

I have just tonight bought a cool bag from ASDA (WalMart UK!) for £5 which is a snug fit for my 20b Lachenal until I find something better!

They did have a slightly larger one which I nearly bought, for £6.

Padded concertina bags are too big and bulky. I don't want a hard case, so I shall look out for a camera case or the like.