Small recorder

Has anyone had any experience of one of these for picking up tunes?

http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091217.p.Digital_Voice_Recorder

I use something similar made by Sony (T80 I think). The recording and play back is surprisingly good, and the ability to play back at a slower speed without altering the pitch is great for learning. I do find it difficult to find files using the little display screen. It's easier to mange the files when plugged into a computer, but for some reason the slow-down feature doesn't work when played through the computer. Or that might just be me not understanding the owners manual!

I have an Olympus VN-600PC Digital Voice Recorder from Lidl Uk .It sits in my gig bag ang is good for recording tunes that you wish to recorde and play your self.The tunes are easy to upload and store on your PC .My model was only about £20 and is monotone .The one in your picture looks more advanced .ATB Bob

Olympus make a vast range of these all the way up to pro quality. A search ("Olympus voice recorder") on E-Bay will reveal a big choice. The Lidle one looks fine though it isn't bottom range price for such a thing. If all you want is to record tunes and playback etc, these are fine. I have a similar one in my bag. I use a Tascam DR1 for more serious recording.

Simon

Thanks folks

My mate has a little recorder as big as a cigarette lighter ( looks like one ) that picks up and then plays via the PC. It's amazingly good. hat's the smallest anyone has seen/used?

I have seen a small one (obviously a gift of a company) serving as a key chain - size about 1.5 x 4 x 0,4 cm - sound quality okay - no hifi but good enough to be used as session memory as described by Simon H. A small earphone plug can be used for analogous connection to a PC.

To return to the topic - the Yamaha Pocketrak 2G has come to the end of its production and has a result can be picked up for a price that makes it a considerable bargain, as here. I'll be able to say more about it after Xmas, when a certain party of my acquaintance opens her presents, but it gets a very good review here.

Chris

Hello tinafriends,

I happened to just have bought this little one at Lidl. I'm very pleased with it. Not too complex for my not so technically wired brain. Good sound quality. It helps me a lot to produce my favoured play and rehearsal list.

Little disadvantages: the instructions are not too good, but manageable after some searching around, and you can't add the title of the tune in the display.

conclusion: fully worth it's price!

kind christmas greetings from Belgium

Dirk