73 Button Edeophone Rebuild

I've seen detailed pics of this brute and I can assure you Jack is being very brave. It is potentially a nice instrument, so hopefully he'll reap his reward in due course.

I'll be keeping a photo log of this project on a Facebook album...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2785...mp;id=733759251

Hopefully, this link will make it accessible...

This is gonna take some time folks !

Bellows as well?

The bellows seem to be in surprisingly good shape (compared to everything else). The ends of the reed plate supports are pretty chewed up where the reed plate must have been jammed down into them when the ends were broken. The left bellows ring fits exactly onto the jig, so I may have lucked out there. I've only opened the left side so far and have been building my way back from the metal endface as that seems to have the least distortion.

I'll be keeping a photo log of this project on a Facebook album...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2785...mp;id=733759251

Hopefully, this link will make it accessible...

This is gonna take some time folks !

Bellows as well?

The bellows seem to be in surprisingly good shape (compared to everything else). The ends of the reed plate supports are pretty chewed up where the reed plate must have been jammed down into them when the ends were broken. The left bellows ring fits exactly onto the jig, so I may have lucked out there. I've only opened the left side so far and have been building my way back from the metal endface as that seems to have the least distortion.

Looks great so far Jack, I wish I had a lab to work in, like your shop! Must be slowing down at the metal coating biz. Leonard, you could always join facebook, we need more concertina people over there...

Leonard, you could always join facebook, we need more concertina people over there...

What for? And who is "we"?

But all the same, if you need me, you know where to find me: just send a PM through C.net. ;)

Looks like the left action plate and mounting plate will have to come apart...no other way to relieve the stress between them...

which all prompts the question, what state are the reeds in??

Dave E

Looks like the left action plate and mounting plate will have to come apart...no other way to relieve the stress between them...

which all prompts the question, what state are the reeds in??

Dave E

I've been trying to ignore the reeds until I get to that plate, but at the very least there are a few missing. The reed tips have been "loaded" so that it plays one row lower than the standard tuning. (a tenor MacCann ??) From what I've seen so far the existing reeds seem to be in decent condition. The action plates seem to be the worst.

PS: Of course, I have your manual right at hand!

Edited by Jack Bradshaw

• 3 weeks later...
Leonard, you could always join facebook, we need more concertina people over there...

What for? And who is "we"?

But all the same, if you need me, you know where to find me: just send a PM through C.net. ;)

That is okay, "we" don't "need" you after all... :P

• 8 months later...