Jeffries on Ebay

drbones

I suspect the caution is warranted on a zero feedback seller, but one of my first sales on ebay was a 1957 Selmer MkVi tenor sax. It brought the same money as a Jeffries. I was very responsive to the buyer questions, dealt with paypal for the added security, etc.... I would guess that being located in Bulgaria may make some nervous, but if I were looking for a duet, I would consider at least communicating with the seller.

Here it is. This guy is relentless. Zero positive feedback. Zero bids at $10.00.

My friends,

While one must start out with zero sales and zero feedback, one must also be very cautious when dealing with an unknown seller. As was wisely pointed out, ALWAYS read a seller's feedback. It's really the only "window" one can use to judge what kind of "dealer" you're buying from. I might also hazard to point out that once one posts a payment to another country, rarely can one get it back, if it's a scam. Jurisdictional problems abound!

This is a hijacked auction. No question about it. The concertina he is offering is in my house. It is a 44B C/G Anglo and not a duet. I will be selling it this year at Miltown Malbay unless somebody here wishes to buy it. I'll be happy to sell it through c-net. Contact me for details.

Thanks,

David

(I am not a scammer - really!)

This is a hijacked auction. No question about it. The concertina he is offering is in my house. It is a 44B C/G Anglo and not a duet. I will be selling it this year at Miltown Malbay unless somebody here wishes to buy it. I'll be happy to sell it through c-net. Contact me for details.

Thanks,

David

(I am not a scammer - really!)

I don't suppose you'd take 10 bucks for it? :ph34r:

IHowdy:

I emailed this guy this morning about a Buy It Now price.

Just receieved this response...

"Hi

Buy It Now price $2500

I can accept bank transfer to this point.

Yours faithfully"

I love it. Faithfully.

Check out the negative feedback for him.

There is only one but that's enough to scare me away.

Also, an eastern block country.

Too risky.

By the way, is this instrument a Duet?

Have fun,

Perry Werner