Concertina Fag?

Concertina Fag... I rather like it. Why it's worthy to be printed on a tee-shirt...or some whacky comic book hero!

We've a bluegrass gig next week and I'm toying with being introduced as "Concertina Fag". I think with the right crowd it might just be a great addition to the nick names used by my Obi's Boys bretheren: Concertina Fats, Button Box Bingo and Professor Roly-Poly and his Tarty Tina. This could require a whole new ensemble! :P

With your permission Chris.

Edited by Mark Evans

Isn't a cigarette refered to as a fag in England? Maybe somebody has fitted their concertina with a tube and extra button valve to blow smoke into their tracheotomy because they no longer have the strength in their diaphragm. I'm sure they've been used for worse. Or, maybe somebody just thinks you're smokin' hot. ;)

..................... Or, maybe somebody just thinks you're smokin' hot. ;)

If so, then how about "Fantastic Awesome Gent"

Could be a "Finely Aged Geriatric"

Or maybe just a "Fine Average Guy" :lol:

Leo

Edited by Leo

..................... Or, maybe somebody just thinks you're smokin' hot. ;)

If so, then how about "Fantastic Awesome Gent"

Could be a "Finely Aged Geriatric"

Or maybe just a "Fine Average Guy" :lol:

Leo

Under the old English Public School system a 'Fag' was of course a junior boy to whom was allocated the thankless task of acting as a general dogsbody (or slave) to a more senior boy. I believe that all new boys were obliged to conform to the well established tradition. Only Chris Timpson will know if his present lifestyle bears any comparison.

a fag is also a homosexual.bit difficult being a concertina homosexual,since they normally not of any gender.

I'm not sure I resemble that remark!... but then, I don't resemble a concertina...or even a concertinist for that matter. I'm not even sure I spelled that right!

Anyways, I'm sure mine are all females...at least It makes me feel better to think so......

Sooooo, How 'bout them Dallas Cowboys? :(

Edited by drbones

Why hasn't anyone asked the obvious question....what was the content of the letter?

James

Well, I don't know about everybody else, but I was afraid to ask. :unsure:

I actually typed out that question, but bailed before I hit "Add Reply". Thought the answer might be anti-climatic, and less fun than the speculation this post is generating!

Why hasn't anyone asked the obvious question....what was the content of the letter?

James

Well, I don't know about everybody else, but I was afraid to ask. :unsure:

I actually typed out that question, but bailed before I hit "Add Reply". Thought the answer might be anti-climatic, and less fun than the speculation this post is generating!

Seems there's always one who wants to confuse the issue with facts! <_<

Edited by drbones

Its from your neighbor.

Isn't it time we pedants stuck together? If yer gonna carve up the English language with brutal logic shouldn't "neighbor" be spelled 'naybor' or 'naybur'?

Oh, sorry, you're called 'Hooves' so that'll be 'neigh, lad, neigh' :P :lol:

Chris,

I bet you that the sender of the letter has hardly any friends at all. It is usually a case of..."hurt people, hurt people." That writer needs psychological counselling.

You have a lot of friends on this forum! Let's out live the misguided person...let's out laugh him/her ... and out play that person with our favourite instrument...the concertina. (Perhaps we could just ignore that person's action altogether).

Edited by Ben Otto