Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game 2007

Since my employment of the Clagwheel variant I have been inundated with correspondence regarding its correct use.

Sorry about that. I have sent a PM to Mrs Trellis asking her to desist from bothering the players.

Chris

Too many diversionary tactics here....

I play -

Kentish Town.

(Mornington Crescent in 5 moves)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know if Mrs Trellis is any relation of Dr Spacely-Trellis, the go-ahead Bishop of Bevindon, who had such forthright views about matches in the Stretchford Vandals League, as reported by the Rev Bruce Nethers, fearless reporter and padre of St Attilla's, and overseen by King Norman and Queen Brenda in Buckingham Council Palace?

Does anyone know if Mrs Trellis is any relation of Dr Spacely-Trellis, the go-ahead Bishop of Bevindon, who had such forthright views about matches in the Stretchford Vandals League, as reported by the Rev Bruce Nethers, fearless reporter and padre of St Attilla's, and overseen by King Norman and Queen Brenda in Buckingham Council Palace?

No.

Chris

Since my employment of the Clagwheel variant I have been inundated with correspondence regarding its correct use.

Sorry about that. I have sent a PM to Mrs Trellis asking her to desist from bothering the players.

Chris

Too many diversionary tactics here....

I play -

Kentish Town.

Now your moving into Pythagoras' theorem concerning right-angled triangles. And stridling is involved. Locks you out five moves or not.

St Pancras was closer. Perhaps we should centerise with, T C R, but. No I think that,

Warren Street

Should help. Go for it lads.

Chas

I agree. I am going away for a couple of days, so cannot play the game out :( I shall be most surprised not to find a winner on my return. Meanwhile it's been a bit quiet above the line recently, so I shall stir things up by playing:

Harrow-on-the-Hill

Chris

For some reason, a message from Mrs Trellis found its way into my E-mail system.

Dear Mr Wheatstone,

Word has reached North Wales about your expertise in Bridge.

I would like advice about the following problem.

Last week, I made an unfortunate slip by playing the wrong card from dummy, resulting in going 7 down in a Grand Slam that I should have made, and a very agressive response from my partner.

Can you advise me how I can get my partner to speak to me again?

Yours sincerely,

Mrs Trellis

PS I get the stitches out next week.

Well now, just to say that Mrs Trellis arrived last night as a belated Valentines Day "Strippergram".

Enough said.

Relating her thoughts on several noted exponents, remarking that I had enlarged (!) enough tokens by my unoposed references to the 1700's in this 'minor debacle' (her words) and therefore advised me to fofeit a couple by leapfrogging Euston therby landing directly in Mornington Crescent for completion.

Just remains to take the lift up to street level.

Ah! Fresh air once again.

How was it for you?

Chas

Edited by fidjit

I am not convinced that this was it!

Well, it's certainly unorthodox. Bold, even. I don't think I've ever seen play quite like that. I think we're going to have to have a quick discussion about this. FWIW my own opinion is that this is a master stroke and possibly even a precedent setter, and that we have a worthy winner of the 2007 Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game.

Chris

FWIW my own opinion is that this is a master stroke and possibly even a precedent setter, and that we have a worthy winner of the 2007 Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game.

Chris

Thanks Chris, for the accolade.

Chas