A Near Miss Or Another Story For Xmas

I was due to play in a concert that evening and being a Saturday,thinking about the importance of the concert DIY jobs had to wait.I did not want to do anything which could cut my fingers or bruise my hand or anything,so it was a quiete day.

About half an hour before my departure time,my wife suggested we walk the dogs around the woods at the back of our bungalow.There is a gate at the bottom of the garden and all we have to do is open the gate and away they would go and being English Setters in thier own time they will eventually come back.I thought on this suggestion and slightly hesitated ( like a fly which is about to be squashed) and said yes.The dogs are mind readers and straight away knew the signs,we opened the back door and the six went off at speed to the bottom of the garden and then came back at speed to hurry us up.Two of the boys went almost back to the house and then went to run back to the bottom of the garden again.Unfortunately Setters were not in the front when brains were given out and were looking at each other instead of where they were going and hit me fair and square in the back of my legs.I did a complete backward somersalt and landed on my arm on the very muddy garden.I thought I had broken everything and looking for sympathy looked at my wife who was helpless with laughter.

I did the concert but I was shaken and stirred.

Any gigs you nearly missed?

Take care

Alan

Oh Alan, been there, seen it, done it too many times. Ours have nearly always had brains and a wicked sense of humour to boot. To see the look of glee on the face of the one with a tree branch wacking it just behind the knees with enough force to take 2 legs out from under oneself is :ph34r:

Hope you are ok.

I always find that the more I have to take care of something, the more chance of something happening is more likely to occur. Err and not just to me, please don't tell me what is injured, as I can bet my bottom dollar that I will somehow manage to grab/stand on, etc. and hurt it some more. Not intentionally mind.

Sharron

Alan, Sharron,

working until too late, and hesitating if to enter or not in the forum -also I am hungry and my dog - nobody else - is waiting for me, well also the copncertina to be played, I decided to come in and IU found your story.

Thanks I enjoyed it and wikk leave ny office now smiling.

As my dog a French Beauceron must been behind in the row, when giving out the brains, and he is tall and about 48 kgs, also I could tell stories.

Hope to do it a day personally.

By tge way, Alan have found your mail, I had lost, and put in niow in good order.

Thanks for the nice well told story.

Kiund regareds

Jopachim Delp

;) Rhomylly,

For goodness sakes, did you mistake the top of the dog's head for a concertina button? Exactly what kind of dog do you have?

Alan, oh Alan, I can imagine you lying in the mud and your wife helpless with mirth. And yet you go on. You rascal you. Are you all right?

Sharron, do not listen to Alan. He is not challenging you to ever greater heights of injury.

Oh great, I am certain my dogs have read this thread and are now plotting destruction. I do hope you are satisfied Alan.

Helen

Hope you're okay, Alan!

One of my dogs is presently wondering why I'm still up...yes, it's 3:30 a.m. here...but, I've had the flu or something, too uncomfortable to sleep normally. (Coughing, etc..)

Anyway, two of the recent times I was at the doctors, one time being an emergency room visit, was thanks to our dogs...indirectly.

One, while defending my cat and trying to save him from the pitbull (which I did succeed in doing), I was clawed by the cat and needed a tetanus shot. Then, a bit later, I was washing out a dog food can and ended up in the emergency room...cut my finger and got it all taped up and bandaged....I made sure that I mentioned that I didn't want any weird bumps left on my finger when it was healed, since that would interfere with my playing, heheh.

The ER nurse said she couldn't promise me that, but, anyway, it did heal up okay!

Many thanks for your concerns for my recovery,but I was writing about something that happened some time ago,but it has scarred me for life and put me off backward (or foreward)somersalts.

Reading Rhomylly`s story reminds me of a trick my Setters do to me on a regular basis ,is when I bend down to make a fuss of them they jump up,head butting me on usually my nose.

Happy Xmas to all

Alan

Ah, but Alan have you also had the black eye or bloody nose from the same source? Or even the bust lip? Suspect loose teeth?

Flaming heck, young dogs need weights tied to their feet :lol:

The plus side is that you learn to aniticipate problems, err well, nearly always ;)

Sharron

ps. Glad you've obviously learned to keep eyes in the back of your head now too, as I would gather it hasn't happened since. O-Oh I've done it now, so watch out!!!!

Helen, I have a pit bull/red heeler mix with a very very thick skull (and, fortunately, a very loving and submissive personality).

Actually, I have two. Paige, the one who head-butted my finger and strained the tendon when it hyper-flexed into the palm of my hand, and her identical sister Phoebe.

Fortunately our beagle/jack russel mix and our shepherd/hound mix aren't nearly so hazardous to my health.

Note to self: do not interact with dogs prior to a performance. Thanks for the useful playing tip, Alan! :)