You Tube Concertina

dose any one know who this is

i don't think got link to work but you can still copy and paste it.

the lighting is bad but i enjoy ver much, so if this any one on this site i just want to say wow, that was pretty cool :o

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dose any one know who this is

i don't think got link to work but you can still copy and paste it.

Nalzalk

The link works fine. I'll bet one of these guys know:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4419

Ratface has started a nice idea and is collecting videos on his YouTube group page:

http://youtube.com/group/concertina

So far there seems to be only one video on Google videos that is nice too.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

Ratface has started a nice idea and is collecting videos on his YouTube group page:

I added a quick-and-dirty take of "
" (also on Tune-O-Tron) to the group.

Very nice, Ted--thanks for posting. It was instructive for me to watch your bellows technique--very helpful to someone who's trying to learn Chemnitzer in geographic isolation from those who can already play.

Daniel

There's another good Chemnitzer player on

, probably Gary Brueggen.

I added a quick-and-dirty take of "
" (also on Tune-O-Tron) to the group.

Edited by Daniel Hersh

There's another good Chemnitzer player on
, probably Gary Brueggen.
This is a good example of the Wisconsin/Minnesota "Dutchmen" German-style playing as opposed to the Chicago Polish style exhibited by Chad Przybylski (shee-BEEL-skee), who incidentally starts out playing (& Singing) the same song I played, "Wandzia Polka". Both videos are posted by MorePlkaVideos who has started uploading since I announced my video on alt.music.polkas.

Hmm, now I have a bit of regret over switching 'down' to dialup internet from DSL.

I've tried several times, but I can't manage to watch the videos at YouTube. If I try very hard, I can get a few seconds of the show, but then it shuts off again.

I'll have to consider whether or not I want to upgrade again.

Anyway, You Tube is a great idea, otherwise!

Hmm, now I have a bit of regret over switching 'down' to dialup internet from DSL.

I've tried several times, but I can't manage to watch the videos at YouTube. If I try very hard, I can get a few seconds of the show, but then it shuts off again.

I'll have to consider whether or not I want to upgrade again.

Careful there.

There is no censorship as I understand, and amids the unimaginable volume of offerings lurk some nasty Gogi-Magogis. So at the end of day, you may wish not to have access to it.

There is no censorship [on YouTube] as I understand, and amids the unimaginable volume of offerings lurk some nasty Gogi-Magogis. So at the end of day, you may wish not to have access to it.

Not to worry. There's no requirement that we watch them all, and even if there were, I wouldn't have time.

But please let us know if you discover anything despicable in the "concertina" category.

When the page/player shows, click the pause symbol. Then go off and drink a cup of tea (Earl Grey is my recommendation). By the time you come back the data will hopefully have transferred to your computer and it will play OK without stuttering.

Occasionally my connection does the same thing. I can notice it at certain times of the day especiallly when school lets out until dinner time. The DSL is my own, but the main server in town may be overwhelmed. Even on DSL. When it starts to play hit pause, then wait a bit to see if it gives more time to download. It's possible playing time catches up to download time, then has nothing to play. In your case, since dialup is so slow, it may be playing at such a rate that dialup can't keep up with it.

And yes a great idea!

Just a suggestion. Hope it works.

Thanks

Leo

It looks like we were posting at the same time RatFace, I guess great minds think alike. :D

Edited by Leo

When the page/player shows, click the pause symbol. Then go off and drink a cup of tea (Earl Grey is my recommendation). By the time you come back the data will hopefully have transferred to your computer and it will play OK without stuttering.

Ok, well...that kinda worked! It took FOREVER but I did get at least two-thirds of a couple of videos to download.

As for Earl Grey tea....hmm. Maybe you have a better brand. I don't care for what I've managed to find of it around here! But, I have lots of other teas, which I do need to use up....dialup is a sure solution for that, hehe.

I hate to go back to DSL or cable because the price jump is way too much, considering what we get for it (...not meant to be a comment re your video!), in my opinion. It seems backwards, to me. But, my daughter is also sick of the dialup, since she can't share her photos and all that (she's back home, graduated from college). But I need to figure out what to get since she has an Apple iBook and doesn't use windows, and I have a Toshiba and use Windows. We have a DSL offer but it's just for Windows, I think.

I wish snail mail would make a comeback....(sigh)...!

(Edited for typos, and added a comment.)

Edited by bellowbelle

As for Earl Grey tea....hmm. Maybe you have a better brand. I don't care for what I've managed to find of it around here! But, I have lots of other teas, which I do need to use up....dialup is a sure solution for that, hehe.

Earl grey is OK, but it's flavored (with bergamot), not just plain tea leaves. I like it occasionally, but I get pretty tired of it here in Denmark, where almost nobody serves anything else to their guests.

And there certainly are differences among teas of the "same" blend under different brand names.

I hate to go back to DSL or cable because the price jump is way too much, considering what we get for it (...not meant to be a comment re your video!), in my opinion. It seems backwards, to me.

It is backwards.

The DSL technology makes is cheaper to provide than ordinary analog dialup. Here in Denmark there are a few phone companies, but all charge a fixed monthly rate for DSL. That's up to a certain amount of usage, but I've never come close to that limit. (Maybe I'd come close if I spent 16 hours/day just downloading videos?) I don't have to remeber to disconnect, because keeping connected 24/7 costs the same as 10 min/day. And my bill is less than half what it was when I averaged half an hour or less per day on dialup.

Maybe it's some US government regualtory mumbo-jumbo that forces the the companies to charge too little for dialup, yet lets them get away with overcharging for "new" technologies? Like with cell phones (what we here call "mobile"). In America, the recipient of a call pays a charge, not just the caller, yes? But you have to answer the call -- and get charged for it -- in order to find out whether you want to reject it. Over here, only the calleer pay, just as with a non-cellular call. Why should the two techologies have different billing protocols? (Answer: lobbyists.)

But I need to figure out what to get since she has an Apple iBook and doesn't use windows, and I have a Toshiba and use Windows. We have a DSL offer but it's just for Windows, I think.

That sounds completely wrong. DSL shouldn't care or even be able to tell what sort of computer you're using. At worst, the phone company might have some setup software that only runs on a PC, but if that's the case you would use the PC to do the setup, and once it's done you should be able to connect a Mac or anything else to the line.

Because I have more than one computer, I connect them all through a network router, so the DSL isn't even connected to (or "talking" to) any of the computers directly, only to the router. The router decides which transmissions from the phone line get passed on to which computer, and funnels all the computers' transmissions into the one phone line, each appropriately "labelled" for delivery to the correct party at the opposite end.