Anyone For Sidmouth?

Do bring Woody down the Radway. I shall try to get to the WCCP sessions at least once.

Chris

I'll try to get down there but I'm on a bit of a flying visit to Sidmouth with Mrs Woody, so I may not get the chance. If not, I hope you all have a good one.

- W

I shall be at Sidmouth again this year. I first went to the Sidmouth in 1956 (yes nineteen fifty-six, - fifty years ago), with an almost unknown musical instrument at that time (there couldn't have been more than a couple of dozen world-wide) - a D/G Melodeon!

The West Country Concertina Players will be holding their usual Morning long sessions from 9.30a.m. at All Saints Church Hall, All Saints Road, (not far from Radway) - Monday to Thursday. All concertina players welcome; any system, including special sessions for beginners.

I will be there at 11a.m. coffee break.

Inventor.

Can't make Sidmouth this year I'm afaid, Anne's leave isn't flexible enough., so say hello to everyone for us.

Christian, will you be recording lots of interviews for "Make it folky"? I see that the next broadcast date gives you time to incorporate items from Sidmouth. Definately take the concertina to the Radway, it's going to be better than the Ely Beer tent!

Robin Madge

Well folks, I will be leaving the office at 5 pm today going home and loading the camper van and then setting off for a stop over in Tewkesbury on Thursday completing our journey to Sidmouth on Friday. Hope to see some of you there :D

Without photo, we could have a real Spartacus moment... ;)

I find the idea of a room full of people all saying, "I am Chris Timson" ... disturbing.

Chris

Will the real Chris Timson stand up! I seem to recall a similar problem with Henry Kipper (or should that be Kippers?) a few years back. :lol:

You can always tell the real Chris Timson by his Dipper. Alternatively, you can have a word with the Landlord, and have them all barred.

Also, the real Chris will be playing "Mornington Crescent" between tune sets.

Sounds like the Radway will be a lot of fun, this year.

Regards,

Peter.

Christian, will you be recording lots of interviews for "Make it folky"? I see that the next broadcast date gives you time to incorporate items from Sidmouth.

Hi Robin. That's the plan - I've rescheduled this months show rather than do a pre-record for that reason. If anyone fancies recording a tune for us in Sidmouth, please let me know and I'll trot along with a little handheld digital recorder and a pint.

Without photo, we could have a real Spartacus moment... ;)

I find the idea of a room full of people all saying, "I am Chris Timson" ... disturbing.

Chris

Will the real Chris Timson stand up! I seem to recall a similar problem with Henry Kipper (or should that be Kippers?) a few years back. :lol:

You can always tell the real Chris Timson by his Dipper. Alternatively, you can have a word with the Landlord, and have them all barred.

Also, the real Chris will be playing "Mornington Crescent" between tune sets.

Sounds like the Radway will be a lot of fun, this year.

Regards,

Peter.

Yes, the Radway was a lot of fun this year. I managed a flying visit on the sunday.

You can always tell the real Chris Timson by his Dipper.

No "double entendre" intended there Peter? However, there was someone who looked suspiciously like Chris Timson, playing a Jeffries, at which point I had my Spartacus moment. Cheers, Peter! Saw Flos playing in the Jig competition but he didn't come to the Radway while I was there. I would have loved to have been able to stay all week but work commitments prevented me from doing so. Maybe next year.

Chris

Yes, the Radway was a lot of fun this year. I managed a flying visit on the sunday.

Hi Chris,

We had a good time at The George, on Monday. 6 Anglos (average 2.0 per person!). Maybe I'll do Sidmouth next year.

Regards,

Peter.

However, there was someone who looked suspiciously like Chris Timson, playing a Jeffries, at which point I had my Spartacus moment.

And of course he was quite correct. It's been a good Sidmouth, though not vintage as the new organisation is still learning the ropes, but the firework display was one of the best I've ever seen.

Met a number of c.net members, which was nice. Nobody offered to buy me a drink, however. :(

Chris

Nobody offered to buy me a drink, however. :(

I think that's very sad, Chris. Maybe all your friends are saving up to make you an offer for your Jeffries.

Regards,

Peter.

PS - vintage Sidmouth; 1988 and 1990 I recall as being excellent. Good music, good weather etc.

Met a number of c.net members, which was nice. Nobody offered to buy me a drink, however. :(

Hi Chris,

I saw a very sun-tanned Graham Dixon, yesterday. He spent four days in a around Sidmouth, playing tourist (not an instrument!) and catching some of the entertainment. Graham found the Radway, and said that the windows were open, and that it was "heaving", so he didn't fight his way inside to spend my money. So, it's my round when we next meet up.

Regards,

Peter.